December TV Show Recommendation | Blogmas Day 16

by - 14:00


It is time for me to start recommending you some bits. For Blogmas, I decided to split monthly recommendations into separate blog posts. First up - a TV show obviously!
A TV series I've been obsessed with this month and have finished watching way too quickly is Bates Motel. I have only one question regarding this TV show and it is WHERE HAS IT BEEN HIDING FOR SO LONG?
Right, if you haven't watched it, you probably think I'm crazy. Well, if you read my November recommendations, you will know I mentioned how Freddie Highmore was pretty cute. Yeah, well I did my research on him and found out that he's the lead in this TV series, so it was only right to download the whole season 1 and start watching it.
As soon as I watched the first episode, I was hooked. I already had so many questions and I was so confused and excited and a bit scared probably.
Basically, if you've watched the movie Psycho, you will sort of know the characters. The show is meant to introduce you to Norman's childhood. If, however, you haven't watched that movie, much like myself, I will explain a bit more in depth.
Genres are definitely drama and, if I do say so myself, thriller. There's only a hint of romance, but trust me, it would be better if there wasn't. Now, onto the plot. The main characters are Norman, a slightly damaged teenager, and his mother Norma. If you think it's strange how they basically have the same name, oh you just wait. It gets much stranger with time. There's a lot of family drama and problems taking place in the show - if you ever thought your family was messed up, it's not. It's full of mysteries and plot twists which makes it really hard to stop watching it. The best way for me to describe it  without giving you any spoilers would be to say that each character is slowly developed which sometimes clears some things up, whereas sometimes it makes everything even more messed up. Norman's mood changes are very important for the development of his character, but Norma's might be even more significant. These two have a very special connection/relationship which has a huge impact not only on their characters, but on all the rest as well. In each episode, there is a meaningful detail revealed that makes you question your entire existence because it complicates everything. If you are like me and you get scared easily, I recommend having a safety blanket with you at all times. I really don't want to give anything away, so I'm trying to interest you in it by being extremely vague. Soz. If nothing else, it's worth watching to see Max Thieriot shirtless.
That's all I feel I should say. I hope I did the show justice, although I don't think it's possible to do so. If you decide to watch Bates Motel, I am proud! Talk to you tomorrow.

You May Also Like

0 comments