Christmas Book Recommendation | Blogmas Day 18

by - 14:00


I have a feeling this blog post won't do the book any justice as I've watched 15 episodes of Friends today and I think most of my brain cells are dead. Anyway, I will do my best. 
I've mentioned this book in my blog post on books I want to (re)read, and if I hadn't made a promise to myself not to read anything until I'm done with Under the Dome, I'd so be rereading Let it Snow right now. I got this book last spring and immediately read it, obviously, so I'd really love to read it again during the holidays. I might just break that promise, to be honest.
As you can tell from the picture, this book has not one, not two, but three authors. Crazy, right? There are three parts (three holiday romances) and each writer wrote one of the three. It has a very strong holiday/winter vibe to it because all three parts are based around Christmas.
In my opinion, the most interesting thing about this book is the fact that, as you read it, you start to realize that all of the parts are somewhat connected. Now, if that's not fun, I don't know what it. All of the authors did their job amazingly. There isn't a huge difference in their writing styles, so you don't feel like you're reading 3 separate books. Something that makes the book even more captivating is the fact that all authors have such a similar sense in humor, which is mostly based on irony and it helps bind these three parts even more.
The first part was written by Maureen Johnson and it goes by the name The Jubilee Express. Jubilee is the name of the girl who's the main character of the said part. The story is about her trip to her grandparents' home for Christmas and all the things that go wrong during the trip, but also a little something about romance.
The author of the second part is the wonderful John Green. He tells the story of A Cheertastic Miracle, and if I'm gonna be completely honest with you, this is my least favourite part. Not that it's bad, or anything, I just didn't find it as exciting as I was hoping to. Still great, though. It's about an adventure of these three best friends who also get in some trouble on Christmas Eve. Their misfortune is balanced out by a bit of romance once again.
Last but not least, we have Lauren Myracle (great last name, Lauren!), who ever so kindly wrote The Patron Saint of Pigs. I think this was my favourite part. Possibly because I got to see all the stories tie in together. This part follows Addie - a girl who is 'depressed' because of the break up with her boyfriend. And it's not as pathetic as it sounds, but I feel like it's very easy to give spoilers here so I'm trying my best to keep the info minimal.
As I said in the beginning, I'm pretty sure I didn't do the book justice, but here's what The Horn Book had to say about it:
''The Authors share an ironic, idiosyncratic sense of humor that helps bind their stories, each with a slightly different tone and take on love, into one interconnected volume brimming with ROMANCE." Couldn't have said it better myself!
So, if you're looking for a fun read over the holidays, I definitely recommend giving this baby a try. Trust me, it's worth it!
Enjoy reading it and I will talk to you tomorrow!

You May Also Like

0 comments