Skin Confidence

by - 18:31

This blog post is really late and I apologize for that. But better late than never, right?
Lately I've been really pushing myself to get out of my comfort zone and start going to school with no foundation on my face. It probably sounds ridiculous if you've got nice skin or if you're just confident and used to not wearing makeup. I don't have the worst skin in the world, but it's not the way I'd like it to be either, so foundation was definitely my safety blanket. 

However, I've decided to stop caring about what other people might think and to gain some confidence when it comes to my skin. I used to feel much better about it when I was wearing foundation and I got sick of having to apply makeup every morning. I realized that I could use that time to sleep a bit longer or have a proper breakfast or whatever I wanted. 
I'm not saying I've stopped wearing foundation completely, just that I got a bit more brave and went to school without it. Ever since, I haven't worn anything on my face to school and it feels super liberating. 

I'd been scared of people's reaction or the way I would feel exposed in that way in front of all of my classmates. Of course, I realized that none of them care if I ware makeup or not, and why would they? What I'm trying to say is, if you've got a problem with your skin, or anything else that you keep covering up, just try and break out of that habit. Obviously you don't have to make a change over night, you can do it gradually. If your problem is like mine, you can first start wearing only concealer, then try and scratch that too. Actually, do it however you want, I'm just trying to say that no one will care if you're wearing makeup or going bare faced. Most people are too self involved to notice and others just don't care, just like you don't care if they do or do not wear makeup. No one will look at you differently or judge you, and if they do, why would you even care about their opinion then?

The point of this blog post was just to give some of you a bit of a push if you can relate to me on this. All I can say is just try it! If you're not comfortable, go back to your comfort zone. I hope this post gave some of you at least a little bit of motivation or reassurance. Feel free to send me some of your experiences in the comments below, I'd love to read them. Bye for now.
Bloglovin | Twitter | Tumblr

You May Also Like

4 comments