Quotemas Day 8

by - 16:00

''We are homesick most for the places we have never known.'' - Carson McCullers

If you're a bit of a daydreamer and a slight bit of a space cadette, you'll know exactly what Carson McCullers is talking about. I can only talk from my own experience, of course, but it's definitely happened that I imagine something that's so perfect and I keep it in the back of my mind as sort of a safety blanket. It can be a certain situation, a place, a person, it doesn't really matter, but you can see it in such detail in your mind that it almost seems real. When you get unhappy, uncomfortable or when you're simply feeling a bit blue, you go to that imagination and it gives you a feeling of comfort because you feel like what you're going through now is just leading up to that idea coming true. So when you're going through a rough period, you can start feeling homesick and nostalgic for that picture perfect idea. You believe that it will one day come true and it can actually get you a bit down that it's not become real just yet. 
Anyone else feel like this or is it just me being crazy?
Bloglovin | Twitter | Tumblr

You May Also Like

0 comments