Quotemas Day 7

by - 16:00

''Why are we so embarrassed by silence? What comfort do we find in all the noise?''  - Mitch Albom 

This is a question that's been haunting my brain for ages. I am the first one to admit that I get a bit uncomfortable when I have nothing to say to a person and we're just standing there in silence. But I'm not the only example, of course. The prove to that is the mere term ''awkward silence''. Why is it we find silence awkward? Can't we just enjoy it? I think we all fear looking boring so we feel the need to always have something to say, but that is impossible. I guess especially when meeting new people, we can feel a lot of pressure to seem interesting and to entertain the person, but we must remember that there are two parties to each conversation, so we're not the only ones responsible for saying stuff. Personally, when I'm comfortable with a person, we can be in the same room without really talking  for hours and we can still have a good time. I suppose we just have to get to the point when we feel comfortable in someone's company no matter what we're doing or not doing. Let's face it, sometimes it's better to stay quiet than to say something utterly stupid just to fill in the blank, so let's try to enjoy the silence a bit more.
Bloglovin | Twitter | Tumblr

You May Also Like

0 comments