Quotemas Day 19

by - 16:00

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” - H. Jackson Brown Jr., P.S. I Love You

This quote to me is both encouraging and daunting at the same time. Realizing that one day your current inhibitions and anxieties might make you regret your decisions is very intimidating. While at the moment, staying in your comfort zone can seem like the right and safe decision, later on in life you might conclude that staying in instead of going to that party or missing out any opportunity for the sake of feeling safe, was not as good of an idea as you'd thought. That's why I will try and make it my mission to do more things and let go of my safety blanket more often. I would love to explore and dream and discover and not feel crippled by anxiety while doing so. So from time to time, I hope to sail away from my safe harbor and be able to look back on that time and feel proud of myself. So should you.
Bloglovin | Twitter | Tumblr

You May Also Like

0 comments