Quotemas Day 6

by - 16:00

,,The problem with things is that everyone is always comparing everyone with everyone and because of that, it discredits people'', Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower 


I don't know if you've been following my blog long enough to remember my first ever quote elaboration, but it was this quote in the matter. That was about a year ago and I still feel the same about it. I am repeating it, because it's one of my all time faves, obviously. I don't wanna repeat all the same things, so I'll just link the first post and I can summarise it here. 
I think we, as a society, tend to compare everything and everyone with the romanticised ideals of things. Whether it's clothes, or bodies, or makeup, or lifestyle, we seem to have this need to make everything be as close to this idea of perfection that we have. But if this perfection that we see on instagram, in magazines and in youtubers' vlogs is so important to obtain (even thought it's quite probably impossible to do so) because it is oh so divine, that makes us normal folk unimportant in a way, doesn't it? My point was a year ago and still is that we all need to find a way to stop comparing ourselves and everyone around us to mere ideas of perfection that the media presents us, because in all those attempts to become what we think we should, we are losing time to live or lives as ourselves and be happy to be different. 
If this wasn't enough cliche for you, go read my first attempt to explain myself - here's the link.

Bloglovin | Twitter | Tumblr

You May Also Like

0 comments