August Recommendations | 2016

by - 16:00


I know that this post is extremely late, but better late than never, right? This month I've got the whole package: movie, TV show, book, album and app, so get excited.
○ August Movie: Mother's Day
I'm sure you've heard about this movie a lot even before it came out, just like I did. It's a comedy and drama, or at least that's what is says on IMDb, with notes of romance of course. The cast is incredible, it includes Jennifer Aniston, Shay Mitchell, Kate Hudson and many others. The plot is obviously based around Mother's Day and how different families are spending it. What I love is how some characters' paths are intertwined throughout the movie, I love 'coincidences' like that. I don't want to give too much away, I'll just say that it is a very lighthearted comedy that will take your mind off of things and will be easy to follow as well as entertaining. It wouldn't be a movie without a hint of romance, so don't say I didn't warn you about it almost being a proper rom-com.
○ August TV Show: Pretty Little Liars
I realize that I'm getting slightly repetitive with these TV show recommendations, but that is only because new seasons of the shows I've already recommended are killing it and I have to share that. If you're a PLL fan, you'll know that there's always lots of drama and death and that it's pretty difficult to keep up with it. Well, that's what I love about it. I love dramatic TV show, in fact, they are my favourite kind. This season of PLL is extremely dramatic and never fails to leave you wanting more and keep you on your toes. Last week was the midseason finale and we have to wait until April to find out what happens next, which hurts my soul because they ended it on a huge cliff-hanger. If you've stopped watching it along the way or you were disappointed by the A reveal in the previous season, don't give up! It gets better. I can assure you it's worth watching as I've too been disappointed by that A reveal, but I stuck with it and I'm really happy that I did.
○ April Book: F. Scott Fitzgerald - The Great Gatsby
After a long time reading it, it's finally made its way into my monthly recommendations. I am a hundred per cent sure that you all know what The Great Gatsby is about. Exactly that - the great Gatsby. He's a very rich character who's past is extremely mysterious. Nobody really know what he does for a living or how we got his fortune, they just know that he throws amazing parties. Later down the line, we find out more about him through his friendship with the narrator - Nick Carraway. There's also a love motif behind most of Gatsby's actions as he's been in love with Nick's cousin Daisy for years on end, who he had a relationship with way before all his success. It basically introduces us to Gatsby's life story and to the lifestyle of America's upper class in the 1920s. It may have taken me a while to get into it properly, but I'm glad that I've read it because it is a classic.
○ August Album: Frank Ocean - Boys Don't Cry (Blond)
Finally! I can't believe that I am actually writing this. It's been such a long wait for this album, it's unreal. I'm absolutely ecstatic that it is out after all these years. If you aren't aware, Frank's previous album was released back in 2012 and ever since everyone has been anticipating the next one. It kind of became a very popular joke on the Internet. Anyway, now it is out and it is pretty damn good. I'm not sure if it's worth a 4 year wait, but it is still my cup of tea. I do prefer Channel Orange (his previous album), but maybe I just need to listen to this one a few more times so that it grows close to me.
○ August App: Episode
This might be slightly controversial, as I've seen a lot of people saying negative things about this game and making memes out of it, but I like it nonetheless. It's an interactive game in which you've got a bunch of different stories. You choose a story and you're assigned a character that you play in it. You click through the dialogue and get to choose what your character does or says in certain situations. My favourite stories have been Demi Lovato Path to Fame (all 3 seasons) and Mean Girls (both seasons). I feel like those two are a bit more professional, whereas the ones that are written by anyone who feels like writing. 

If you're actually still reading and haven't given up, great job! Thanks for putting up with me rambling on like a mad person. That's all for this month. I feel like I have to write as much as I can in September to make up for not writing a lot during the past few months and also because I am starting college in October and don't know how often I'll get to write. I'll try my best though! There are lots of things coming up, so keep on checking in on Thursdays and Sundays at 4pm CET.
Bloglovin | Twitter | Tumblr

You May Also Like

0 comments