Current Favourite Lip Combo

by - 16:45

        
Sorry for the state of this pencil, I can't sharpen it properly because I am incapable of doing so.
In my previous post I mentioned a lipstick that I've been loving - NYX Matte Lipstick in Butter - and I said that I'd do a post on a certain combo I'd been loving. Here it is.
Both products are by NYX. The first thing that I use is the lip liner in the shade Peekaboo Neutral. I line my lips and sometimes overdraw them a little bit, and then I fill them in completely. Once I've done that, I go in and apply the lipstick straight from the bullet. It's much more pigmented if you use a lip liner first and it, obviously, stays on much longer. The colour payoff when you apply it after a lip liner is amazing. I feel like it isn't completely matte - it feels creamy on the lips and it doesn't dry them out, but to get a fully matte look I like to blot my lips with some tissue paper.
When you're done with both steps, you'll be left with really cool toned brown lips that look super cool and very edgy. I find myself reapplying the lipstick throughout the night a lot, not because I need to, but because I wanna make sure it looks good. My skin tone has quite a bit of a pink undertone, so I think this kind of colour suits me really well. 

I love rocking this lip combo with a really fresh looking face - foundation, bronzer and lots of highlighter - and a brown smokey eye (or bare eyelids) with natural looking brows. 
Bloglovin | Twitter | Tumblr

You May Also Like

0 comments