May Recommendations

by - 14:00


Can you believe it? - May is at its ending. Crazy how fast it's gone, but at least I get to talk about some things I've been loving.

○ May TV Show: Melissa and Joey
After finishing Scandal and feeling gutted about it, I needed a light TV show that didn't require any thinking so I went back to Melissa and Joey. If you aren't familiar with it, it's a sitcom that revolves around an unordinary family. In a nutshell, Melissa is forced to raise her sisters teenage kids Lennox and Ryder, but luckily manages to find a nanny to help - Joe. There's a love-hate relationship between Mel and Joe throughout the whole show, but the sparks between them are undeniable. Similarly, Lennox and Ryder constantly throw shade at each other, the sibling type of arguments. All the characters are very different and witty in their own way. I found it really funny because there's quite a lot of dry humour and puns, which are basically my favourite things.
To sum up: if you're looking for an easy watch that's most certainly gonna make you laugh, go get on the bandwagon.

○ May Book: John Green and David Levithan - Will Grayson, Will Grayson
I promise this is the last time I list a John Green book in my recommendations (as I've read all of them), but try to cope with it once more.
You'll probably notice that there are two authors, and, boy, am I happy there are. The story follows the lives of two Will Graysons, who meet at one point. They are very different characters, and each of the authors describes one of them. Their writing styles are similar in some ways, but also very different at the same time. David doesn't really use capital letters or quotation marks.
John's Will Grayson is a shy, judgmental boy with a seemingly uneventful life. He isn't really interested in taking part in many activities, he's quite passive and doesn't like talking two much; he has a few life rules he follows, one of which is staying quiet. 
David's Will is a gay, depressed, bitter one. As well as the other Will, he isn't interested in after-school activities and likes to stay in his comfort zone. His sarcasm and bitterness literally had me laughing out loud while reading.
When these two meet, a lot of things go downhill, but of course something good happens along the way. They both get to know themselves a bit better and try to change some things about their mindsets.
I'm not gonna give anything else away, as I've said a lot already, but I highly recommend taking a few days to read this. It's funny, witty, capturing and very relatable.

○ May YouTube Channel: TheLineUp
Maya and Julia are two girls from Sweden and they mainly make fashion, styling videos. Their style is pretty unique but following the trends to some extent. The editing of their videos is amazing, as well as their outfits. I would describe their style as street, city chic with a touch of grunge sometimes, but also with some bohemian notes to it. 

○ May Movie: Palo Alto
I watched this last night and I absolutely loved it. However, I'm gonna describe it really briefly because I think it's definitely not everyone's cup of tea. Basically, if you like movies that are a bit nostalgic and slow, with teenage characters who are a bit messed up, go check this out. It reminds me a bit of The Art of Getting By, which is my favourite movie ever. The cast is amazing, it includes Emma Roberts, Nat Wolff, James Franco & Keegan Allen, but also there's this actor I've never heard about before, Jack Kilmer, who is cute as hell. I recommend watching the trailer if you're not sure about it.
If you do watch it, please let me know if you loved the ending as much as I did.

Sorry this is a bit long, but there was a lot to talk about. Talk to you Thursday.

Bloglovin | Twitter | Tumblr

You May Also Like

0 comments