Elaborating My Favourite Quote | Part 2

by - 14:00


I've been thinking lots about how to get a bit of diversity and dynamic into my blog and I though I should try and write 2 posts a week - Thursdays and Saturdays. Thursdays are going to be more chilled though, so expect quotes, playlists, tags, etc. Saturdays are gonna be post which need a bit more time. Without further ado, let's dig in.


,,Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody" -J.D Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye

I am generally a person who doesn't tend to share too many things broadly. Some would call me an introvert.  For that reason, I can relate to this quote, although I do have mixed feelings about it.
I partly agree with it, only to a certain extent, though. I believe that certain stories and experiences are better left untold – kept to yourself. This isn't because I have trust issues (might have something to do with it, okay), it’s simply that it’s easier to enjoy some things on your own. Because, the more people know about something, the less personal it is. I don’t know, I just think that when you remember things it can be nice to feel like they’re your little secrets that you get to cherish without anyone ruining them. The moment you start telling people it loses the significance and it can feel like the memories are slipping away from you. Or you simply remember how nice it was and you start missing everything, like the author said.
On the other hand, sometimes it is easier to discuss things with your friends and family. It can be quite therapeutic and calming in a way to know that you can rely on someone. Let’s be honest, sometimes you simply can’t contain yourself and you need to confide to another human. I think it all comes down to the situation – some are for sharing and some are not. It’s that simple.

That’s basically it, there’s not much more to say here. Hope you’re enjoying these posts, talk to you Saturday.
Bloglovin | Twitter | Tumblr

You May Also Like

1 comments