My Perfect Base Routine

by - 14:00





My skin has been much better recently - I still have redness in my T-zone, but I have much fewer spots appearing. Due to this fortunate turn of events, I've managed to find a way to get a really good base which consists of good coverage, natural finish and top notch longevity. Here's what I do...
      Step 1:
I use my green NYX HD Concealer in my T-zone to counteract the redness on my face. I apply it with the small angled round brush from my eBay set. As well as getting rid of redness, I find it makes the next layer, which is foundation/BB cream, a bit lighter. This is a massive plus because both all my base products are too dark for me. If you wanna read more about it, do so here.
     Step 2:
I've been using my trusty Garnier Pure Active BB Cream recently for a few reasons: 1) it's much more natural, 2) my foundation is running out and I'm using it very sparingly and 3) I think it's better for my skin. I apply it with the big rounded brush from the same eBay set. It leaves a nice natural finish and has a medium coverage. If you wanna read my in depth opinion on it, I've done a whole review so just click here.
     Step 3:
This is totally optional (well, so are all the steps), but my under-eye circles are absolutely horrible, so I'm always looking for a way to hide them. Depending on my mood, I use either my Maybelline Fit Me Concealer or the L'Oreal Perfect Match one. I don't use brushes, just my fingers for applying it.
     Step 4:
The last step is powder obviously, cause I don't wanna be looking like a shine ball during the day. I'm obviously using the cult product - Rimmel Stay Matte. I have it in the shade 003 Peach Glow, but I'm sure a transparent one would be just as good. I like using it with either the big flat brush from the eBay set, or my H&M BB Cream/Foundation brush. I only set my T-zone and under-eye area.
     Extra Step:
If I wanna jazz things up a bit, I use the Maybelline Baby Lips in Peach Kiss as a highlighter.
Here's a selfie so that you can get an idea of how it looks. For more examples, visit my Instagram (@tomin_jo).
I think a nice base and a strong eyebrow game is more than enough for an everyday makeup for school and it's what I've been rocking. Hope you got some ideas from this post and if you wanna read my review on the brushes that I've mentioned a hundred times - here. And excuse the intense use of plugs in this post. Goodbye for now.
Bloglovin | Twitter | Tumblr

You May Also Like

0 comments