Elaborating My Favourite Quote | Part 3

by - 14:00


''You spend your whole life stuck in the labyrinth, thinking about how you'll escape it one day, and how awesome it will be, and imagining that future keeps you going, but you never do it. You just use the future to escape the present.'' John Green, Looking for Alaska

If you aren't new to my blog, you will know that I am a huge John Green fan so elaborating his quote can't come as a surprise. You might also know that Looking for Alaska is one of my favourite books, so this blog post was bound to happen.
As you can imagine, this is my favourite quote because I can relate to it 100% just like a lot of you. I could get really deep into this topic, but no one cares that much, so I'll keep it simple. If you're one of the people who haven't read this book, I feel obligated to tell you that the said labyrinth is the labyrinth of suffering. Definitely doesn't have to be as severe as it sounds, but we all have our worries and problems. Due to that fact, I can imagine that a lot of us like to picture our life being a lot different and better in the future. Near or far, but the future is where we take refuge from all the stress. And by trying to escape the present situation and plan out how our lives will turn out once we forget to participate in the present. I think you get the gist of what I mean.  Why do we do this? To comfort ourselves, no doubt. But I think we should try and enjoy our lives as much as we can until that better tomorrow we are hoping for comes along. Also, it most likely will not get better on its own, try to make a difference yourself. Try getting out instead of escaping. It takes time, but you learn so much more by actually taking part in your own life and dealing with things rather than being absent and not caring about now. Some would say that all we have is now. Keep that in mind.

Bloglovin | Twitter | Tumblr

You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. Wat een leuke post! En ook een hele leuke blog heb je! Ik volg je ook al een poosje op bloglovin, zou het leuk vinden als je eens een kijkje nam op mijn blog!
    Het gaat over fashion fotografie, modellen en wat persoonlijke gedachtes! Misschien tot dan! Liefs,

    http://www.naomijonkertheblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete