Taking a Break From the Internet

by - 14:00


You've probably noticed that nowadays we tend to spend too much time on the Internet collecting irrelevant information, constantly checking up on social media and all the new trends. No one knows why, it's not necessary at all. However, it can all get a bit too much and become very overwhelming so we just need an escape from commotion. It's definitely easier said than done, though.
My concentration has recently been really bad because there's always a text I need to reply to or I just have to check the likes on my latest Instargam photo. It's really annoying how caught up I get, so I found a few ways to disconnect myself. All you need is a hobby.
For me, making collages seems to be helping - all the cutting and gluing and searching bits and pieces to incorporate into the collage. In a way it really calms me, but it's also very exciting. All in all - it's really relaxing and it helps me to self reflect while doing something a bit different to my everyday routine. 
But this is not a post about collages, it's a post about hobbies. Well, kind of. 
My point is that when you feel a bit too involved in the virtual world, I suggest you find something that you can do with your time that doesn't include the Internet. Whether it be painting or writing or composing or solving math equations even - whatever helps you free your mind from all the crap, excuse the expression. Art is just my personal favourite distraction. Also, try reading books as there's a chance you relate to them in a comforting way which releases some tension.
I think it's really important to take some time for your thoughts and commit to introspection from time to time instead of getting stuck in a whirlwind of information we don't need. I'm not sure if this blog post had any relevance to anything, but I was experiencing a writer's block and remembered how I hadn't done a thoughtful post in a while. Hopefully, some of you know what I'm on about and can relate or take something from this blog post. Talk to you Thursday!
Bloglovin | Twitter | Tumblr

You May Also Like

0 comments