Reading List

by - 08:00


Every year I have the same goal - read more. I get so caught up with all the things the Internet has to offer that I put books to the side and I wish I would stop doing that. Here are some of the books I'd like to have read by the end of this year. I'll try and keep it realistic for once.

1. Harper Lee - To Kill a Mockingbird
This one has been on my 'To Read' list for ages and I think it would be pretty nice to finally tick it off. It's sitting on my shelf ready for me to pick it up and hopefully I'll do that soon. Maybe the second half of September (after my exams) could be reading time. 

2. Jostein Gaarder - Sophie's World
I've started this book, but the amount of philosophy in it is kind of draining for me, so I can tell that it'll take me a long, long time to finish it. I don't know if I'll be persistent enough to get to the end of it, but it just feels so wrong abandoning it. *sigh*

3. Erlend Loe - Volvo Trucks
I recently finished reading Doppler - the first part of the trilogy - and now I'd quite like to read the second part as I absolutely loved the first one. Doppler was absolutely hilarious and one of those books that you simply can't put down. I've written about Erlend Loe before and I've mentioned how much I adore his writing style. The fact that I loved Doppler so much makes me very excited to read the following book. Fingers crossed it's just as good.

4. Anything by Ingmar Bergman
You may or may not know this, but I am studying Swedish at university and as Ingmar Bergman is a very prominent Swedish writer, I think it would be only right to actually read something that he's written. My mum really likes his books and that's why she has a pretty decent collection and why the only thing I need to do is stop being lazy and pick one of the books from the bookshelf. 

I think that list is long enough (even though my OCD self is screaming because I didn't include a 5th one), although I would love to read even more books than just these four. However, I know myself and how overly ambitious I can get and I really don't need to do that with reading for pleasure. Leave any book recommendations in the comments below and hopefully one day I'll get to them. 

Bloglovin | Twitter | Tumblr

You May Also Like

0 comments