Calming Down

by - 15:46



I don't know if you follow me on Twitter, but if you do, you've probably seen that I've been complaining about how stressed I am basically every day. I'm currently preparing 3 exams, and it's definitely not a fun time. I'm a pretty anxious person as it is, and exams really bring it out of me. 

Lots of cups of coffee have been consumed, lots of advice type videos have been watched and lots of food has been devoured, yet nothing has helped. Then I came to a brilliant idea - why don't I start meditating? That was my last hope.
So I took to the Google Play store, I typed in ''meditation'' and downloaded a few apps. The one that stood out to me was Aware. They are all very similar in how they all provide breathing exercises, but this one has a few different courses and I'm excited to move past the foundation one and dive into more themed courses. 
I sat comfortably on my bed and let the man instruct me on how I should breathe and what I should be focusing on. The session lasted 10 minutes and after it I felt like I was floating on air. I literally don't know if I've ever been that calm. Of course, it did wear off throughout the day, but whenever I started getting nervous or stressed, I would take a moment to breath and block out the negative thoughts. 
I don't know if it was a placebo effect or if meditation actually does work, but I for sure will continue doing it if I want to keep my sanity. If you're going through a stressful period as well, I recommend you try it out as well. You have nothing to lose even if it doesn't work out. 

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. This is so interesting. I did meditating for a while when I was attempting to control lucid dreaming and I need to get back into I.T!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's a nice way to block everything out and relax. :)

      Delete