Sultry Bronze Glam | Tutorial

by - 16:00


You might have realized by now that I am a huge fan on brown eyeshadow looks as I feel like they suit my eye colour really well. I don't know how well this look is showing up in photos, but I will run you through the steps that I took in order to create it. This is my current favourite makeup look as it's really simple, but it looks very put together and kind of sultry. Let's begin.
1) The first thing I did was primed my skin with the NYX Shine Killer (review) and then applied my foundation which is the Rimmel Lasting Finish 25h. 
2) I like to do my brows before I set my foundation so that the powder sticks better onto the tacky surface. To fill in my brows, I'm still using the NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder and then for the tails of my brows, which are a bit more sparse, I used the darkest colour from the NYX Natural palette. When I'm satisfied with the shape of my brows, I set them with the Essence clear eyebrow gel.
3) Now for the eyes. I first apply concealer on my lids as a base and I set that with a skin tone eyeshadow. Then I go in with the first bronzer from the NYX Highlight & Contour Pro Palette (shade Tan, review) and I apply that into the crease. Because I've got hooded eyes, I bring this eyeshadow a bit higher up, almost all the way to the brow bone, so that it's actually visible. I like to build the intensity up depending on my mood and sometimes I add a bit of the other bronzers as well. The key to making this look really sultry is using a very dark brown shade (the one I used for my brows from the NYX Natural palette) and with an angled brush applying it onto the lash line. You want to stay as close to the lash line as possible and then what you're gonna wanna do is wing it out slightly. Then, after you have your wing, take a little brush and blend it into the outer corner. I don't like to go crazy on the dark brown, I just add a smidgen to make the look more dramatic.
4) Once you've got your eyeshadow on, curl your lashes and apply mascara.
5) Now, to finish off the base, we're gonna apply concealer to hide our horrible under-eye bags and then we'll set our whole face with a powder. I'm using the Rimmel Stay Matte powder again.
6) To bronze up the face and look a bit more human, I use the same bronzer that I used on my eyes. If I want to go a step further and contour, I use the two middle shades (Toffee and Sculpt) from the same NYX palette. 
7) The finishing touch is obviously highlight. I first use the one called Nectar from the NYX palette and then I apply Ice Queen on top to make it more intense. 
That's all I did. I'm wearing a lip balm on my lips as I wanted the eyes to be the center of attention.  Check out the photos below and excuse my inability to keep my head straight. For sneak peeks of my looks and tutorials, follow me on my twitter. Talk to you Thursday!




Bloglovin | Twitter | Tumblr

You May Also Like

0 comments