College Tag

by - 16:00


1. What school are you attending?
Faculty of Philology in Belgrade.
2. What year are you entering?
I'm entering the first year so I'm a confused little freshman.
3. What made you choose this school?
I've always known I'd end up studying a language in college so it came as no surprise to anyone that I chose this school. I am going to be studying Scandinavian culture & literature as well as the Swedish language.
4. When did you apply and get accepted? Describe your experience.
Our system is a bit different over here. We have entrance exams for each college and if you do well on it, you will get into the college that you've chosen. Because I had been preparing for months before the actual exam, I knew I would get into the college, I was just unsure about the language that would be available. I ended up being 20th on the list out of 1300 candidates, so I was able to choose the course I wanted.
5. Are you prepared to leave the nest?
I have already left the nest and I am quite enjoying it. I love being able to see what ''real life'' is like and being responsible for yourself. Of course, sometimes I miss the comforts of my home and having all of my friends and my parents with me, but this is a positive thing for my future, so I try not to complain and I think of it as a good change.
6. Have you met your roommate yet? What do you think?
I am actually living with my best friend of 7 years in a rented apartment, so yes, I have met her and I think we're gonna get along great.
7. If you could take only 3 things to college what would they be?
Phone, wallet & fluffy socks.
8. What is one college resolution?
I haven't really made any resolutions, but I guess I would love to become a bit more outgoing and less shy around new people. 
9. What is your go to college look? (hair and makeup)
Makeup wise I tend to go for a very simple look - foundation, mascara, brows. That's what I used to do all through high school and what I'll continue doing in college. I like that that look is really simple and easy, but still spruces up your tired face. Sometimes I'll even add a bit of bronzer on my cheeks and eyelids. 
Hair is a bit more complicated as it depends on whether it's clean or not. If it's clean I always wear it down until it starts to annoy me and I tie it up. If it isn't very clean, I tie it up from the start.
10. What is your advice to high school seniors and/or incoming freshmen? 
To high school seniors I say do your best and try not to worry too much about the outcome. If you get in, amazing! If you don't, you'll at least know that you gave your 100% and there's always next year. It's not the end of the world if something goes wrong. Good luck!

To college freshmen: we're all in the same boat of confusion and anxiety. You're not alone.
Bloglovin | Twitter | Tumblr

You May Also Like

0 comments