My Everyday Base Routine

by - 14:00

Recently my skin has been looking pretty good so I've been trying not to drown it in foundation (not that I ever really do that, though) and decided to try something I've heard a lot about.
What I've been doing is mixing my L'oreal True Match Foundation (as it's got lighter coverage than the Rimmel one I own) with my daily moisturizer. This technique is kind of like a 2 in 1 step cause you moisturize your skin along with evening it out a bit. Keep in mind this won't really  provide you with too much coverage, but just make your skin look closer to flawless without looking cakey. 
I use about half a pump of foundation and about the same amount, or less, of moisturizer and apply it with a flat top kabuki brush. Depending on your preference, you can adjust the amount that you use, this just happens to work for me. 
The end result I find amazing because it makes my skin look much better (evened out and smoother, I guess), but really natural, you literally can't tell there's foundation on your face.
If my under eye bags are really bad and the foundation doesn't help, I'll use a bit of concealer - either the L'oreal True Match or the Maybelline Fit Me.
Of course, I have to set it with a powder cause after a few hours I become a shine ball and it's not pretty. The powder I use is the Rimmel Stay Matte in 01 Transparent. If I'm feeling really lazy, I'll use the same brush to apply it, if not, I'll get an angled flat kabuki. Also, I feel like I don't have to touch it up too much during the day, so that's another plus.
That's it - a super quick and simple technique leaving you with a lovely natural looking finish.
Bloglovin | Twitter | Tumblr

You May Also Like

0 comments