The Summer Tag

by - 14:00


I haven't done a tag in a while, so I decided to do one dedicated to summer. I found this tag on makeupsavvy's and hollistershappenings' tags, so I am going to pick 10 questions from those two posts.
1. What's your favourite thing about summer?
Considering summer might actually be my least favourite season, I have to say my favourite thing about it is that there's no school. I also really like summer rains. 

2. What's your favourite summer drink?
Aside from coffee, I basically only drink water in the summer. I really like adding some lemon slices and mint leaves into my glass - it's a fun substitute for regular water and it is very refreshing.

3. Favourite summer nail polish?
I haven't really been into painting my nails recently, but if I had to pick my ultimate summer nail polish it would have to be the KIKO 389

4. Favourite makeup look for summer?
Where I live it gets really hot, so I can't stand a lot of makeup on my face as I don't want it to melt off my face. I usually apply a bit of foundation mainly in my T-zone and under my eyes; I dab that into the skin with my fingers and set it with a powder using a beauty blender. As always, I make my eyebrows a bit more defined. I then use either a white eyeshadow or a nice shimmery one all over the lid and finish everything off with a mascara. Sometimes I use a lip pencil or a lipstick, but I'm usually not bothered with lip products.
Related blog posts: powder & beauty blender ; brow routine ; everyday makeup

5. Dresses or skirts?
Dresses! I find skirts too complicated to match with tops and I think dresses generally look better on me and are easier to pull off. I am in desperate need of a T-shirt dress, but can't seem to find one anywhere.

6. Do you prefer to wear your hair up or down in the summer?
My hair generally gets on my nerves when I wear it down, so most of the time I end up pulling it into a pony tail or a messy bun. Summertime is no exception - it only makes me warmer because there's so much of it, so you'll most likely see me with my hair up. 

7. Deep smokey eye or bold lips?
Normally, I would most definitely go for a smokey eye, but recently I've been to lazy to pay too much attention to my eye makeup, so I'm opting for bold lips this time.

8. Favourite summer beauty product?
I'm not gonna go for makeup, but a makeup remover - Garnier Micellar Water. After a long night with makeup on my face, all I wanna do is remove it as soon as I get home. With micellar water, it's easy, quick and refreshing. Here's my review of it.

9. Favourite summer movie?
I don't know what the definition of a 'summer movie' is, but my current favourite movie is Palo Alto, so I love watching that one whenever I get the chance. I also really like watching The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones because it brings back a lot of memories from last year/summer.

10. Favourite summer music?
Again, someone should explain the word summer used as an adjective here, but I'm currently obsessed with James Bay's (Chaos And The Calm) and Hozier's (Hozier) album. I'm also loving Ella Eyre, 5 Seconds of Summer's new single She's Kinda Hot and The Weeknd (especially Can't Feel My Face).

That concludes my summer tag, I had a lot of fun writing it so I hope it's fun to read as well. Thanks to Hollie and Fee for the idea! 
Bloglovin | Twitter | Tumblr

You May Also Like

0 comments