Review: Garnier Pure Active BB Cream

by - 14:00



It's not as orange as it looks on the photo.

Due to technical difficulties i.e. my laptop dying I am writing this post late at night as quietly as possible because I'm using the family computer and trying not to wake anyone up. Now that's out of the way, I can begin with the actual post.
It's obvious that there BB creams are very popular and there's loads of different ones and it's also quite obvious that I'm very late to the bandwagon with this review. However, I've discovered my holy grail BB cream and though I should share it with you. Not that I've tried a lot of them, but let's call it my holy grail, okay?
Before I bought this product, naturally, I'd watched and read about billion reviews on it and decided it was right. First of all, there are only two colours, if I'm not wrong - light and medium. Of course, I went for the lighter one as I'm quite pale. It's not a perfect match, but it's really easy to blend out. I apply it with one of my eBay brushes and I always take it down on my neck as well as I want the colour to match. If you can get over the poor shade range, you'll be able to see all the good sides to this product. There's a certain scent to it which smells like cucumber to me, but it's not overpowering or sickly in any way. Not to me anyway. 
Coverage wise, I wasn't really expecting too much given that it's a BB cream and not a foundation (obv), but I was actually quite pleasantly surprised by it. It's not full coverage, but I think it's safe to say it gives a medium coverage and a very nice natural finish. I always set it with a powder to make it last longer and not look as shiny, but it never goes cakey. What more could you ask for, eh? 
I haven't really paid a lot of attention to the lasting power, but I feel like it could last all day if you powder a few times which I did not do. I think it lasted about 4-5 hours. Don't quote me on that one, though. 
Last, but not least (even though it should've been the first thing) - the packaging. I have to admit I'm not the biggest fan of it. It comes in a plastic tube, but the colour of it makes it looks very cheep and the part where the product comes out gets quite messy after using it a few times. There's 50ml in the tube which is 20ml more than most foundation which is amazing! Other than the dodgy packaging, I think it's a brilliant drugstore BB cream and I think you can't really go wrong with it. 
It claims to hydrate skin, even out skin tone, reduce imperfections, mattify skin and cover redness. I'm not sure if it actually helps reduce blemishes, but it is definitely good at covering them. Also, I don't know if it mattifies as I prefer to set it with a powder for a more matte finish.
I am pretty sure that is all there is to say about this BB cream, but if you are interested in something else, feel free to ask. Hope I've helped some of you, talk to you soon!

You May Also Like

0 comments