Jo's Monthly Recommendations: January

by - 14:00


It's the end of the festive season and the coldest month of them all (probably not in like Australia) which means it's time for me to do my recommendin'.
○January TV Show: Broadchurch
I'm not gonna lie, I have only Zoella to thank for this discovery because she mentioned it in her last year's vlogmas which led to me instantly downloading the whole series. I was absolutely obsessed with it as soon as I started watching it, so the fact that season 2 has started this month makes me extremely happy. 
The genre of the show is drama & crime. The plot revolves around the murder of a young boy named Danny. Throughout the show, you find out a lot of background info about all the characters and you also get to suspect on everyone besides the actual killer. In the end of season 1 the killer is revealed, but that doesn't mean the drama is over because it continues in season 2. David Tennant plays the starring role of DI Hardy and I have to say that I AM IN LOVE WITH HIS ACCENT *inserts praise the Lord emoji*. As always, I don't want to give away too much, but I think I've covered the basics.

○January Movie: The Imitation Game
This is a relatively new movie and I'd been eager to watch it ever since I heard Benedict Cumberbatch has the starring role and is accompanied by Downton Abbey's Allen Leech. I finally got my hands on it about a week ago and was swept off my feet.
It's about a group of mathematicians, led by Alan Turing, in WWII trying to break the Enigma. The Enigma is a machine the Germans used to send out messages which were encrypted, of course. It is based on a real life story about Alan Turing and I think the character's psychology is amazingly captured. I don't think there's much more to say, to be honest. If you're a guy or a fan of Keira Knightley, her appearance in the movie might persuade you to watch it. 

○January Book: Stephen Chbosky - The Perks of Being a Wallflower
In one of my blogmas posts I mentioned I wanted to reread this book and I did exactly that. It's one of my favourite books and the movie made based on it is one of my favourite movies. It follows the life of a sixteen-year-old boy called Charlie. Charlie is the said wallflower and he writes letters about his life to a friend. He's very shy and a bit awkward and I would say a bit damaged maybe. He's got a lot of ups and downs, mostly mental ones, and he describes all his struggles and general thoughts throughout the book. It's a drama intertwined with a bit of romance, and I think it's a book every teenager can relate to. If, however, you're not a fan of reading, I do recommend the movie as well as it's quite accurate and authentic to the book. I talked about this book before, though, so if you wanna read that, you can do so here.

○January App/Youtube Channel: Blogilates
If you know me, or anything about me, you will know that I am not a fan of working out and voluntary sweating. However, on of my goals for this year was to start working out and with a bit of help from Cassey Ho, I managed to do so. Throughout January I've been doing ab exercises from her 30 day flat abs challenge. Every day the amount of exercises goes up by one so that you can easily adjust to the change and not feel sore the next day. Her youtube channel is one I always go to when I am in the mood for working out because the exercises are amazing and her positive attitude keeps me going. For all of you who are like me and prefer to stay in bed rather than have physical activities, I think Blogilates might help.
January Highstreet Store: Zara
Not a lot to say here except that I did some shopping this month and I spent most of my money in Zara. They are having loads of winter offers, so you can get a bunch of stuff for cheaper than usual. And their winter collection is absolutely stunning. That's it really.

Those are all of my recommendations for this month, hope you've enjoyed this post. Make sure to follow me on Twitter and Bloglovin' so you don't miss any blog posts. Lots of love!

Bloglovin | Twitter | Tumblr

You May Also Like

0 comments