Three Short Reviews: NYX Cosmetics

by - 14:00









Here I am, ever so ashamed that I missed the day I was supposed to write this. I could lie and say I was busy, but we all know that's not true. Truth is, I literally thought today was Thursday until I realised otherwise. As a peace offering I bring you 3 reviews in 1 blog post.
      1) NYX HD Photogenic Concealer
Yes, yes it is supposed to be green. As you may or may not know, green pigments counteract the redness on your face. It might seem mental using a green product, but that's why makeup's fun, right? Don't worry, I don't go outside with a green face, I always use this concealer underneath my foundation. Okay, now that's clear, I can tell you about the actual product. 
As you can tell from yet another horrible swatch, it is really green, which means the pigmentation is good and it does the job. It covers spots and blemishes quite well and it lasts a long time. After you apply foundation on top of it, it doesn't look cakey nor does it make the foundation look green.
The texture is quite thick so it is a big harder to blend, but because I don't really use a lot of it - only on my spots and red areas, that's not a problem for me.
I think this concealer is a great investment for all of you who, like me, suffer with a bit of red skin. It's affordable, it does the work, has no parabens or talc and is fun to play with.
     
     2) NYX Glam Shadow in Boost
There's something you don't know about me and that's the fact that I'm in love with the L'Oreal Color Riche Eyeshadow. The gold one. Whenever I go to the drugstore, I like to take a few minutes to swatch it and admire the beauty. Well, my friends know that so they were kind enough to get me the NYX version of it. Thanks, guys!
The eyeshadow is a beautiful bronzy gold colour. It is very highly pigmented, which did come as a surprise to me as some NYX eyeshadows I have are not. It's really easy to blend and, if I do say so myself, it really complements my eye colour which is the weirdest shade of brown. I didn't notice the eyeshadow creasing, so I really think it's amazing quality. Affordable, beautiful and surprisingly good. Although I haven't yet worn it out, I just tried a few makeup looks with it, I do believe it would last a long time.
It's just so beautiful, I can't stop staring at it.

     3) NYX Dream Catcher Palette ○ Stormy Skies
The packaging of this is gorgeous & the name is really cute so we're off to a good start.
It comes with 10 different colours out of which 5 are matte and 5 are shimmery. It's very versatile so you can use it for an everyday look or for a more  dramatic evening look.
I haven't worn all of them, but I do think the pigmentation is very good. Not the best, but in comparison to other NYX eyeshadows it's amazing. I've been enjoying using it for creating an everyday brown smokey eye.
I found the shadows last about 6 hours before letting a bit of oil show. They are easy to blend and build to a certain extent. I didn't have a good experience with the black one, to be honest. I was hard to blend and went everywhere but the place I wanted it to go. That might be my bad technique as I don't ever use black eyeshadow, but it also might just be the eyeshadow itself. The purple one wasn't as pigmented as I was hoping it would be, but it is easy to work with. My faves are the second and fourth one in the top row, and the first and third in the bottom row.
The third one in the bottom row was a dream to work with and went amazingly with the Glam Shadow in Boost.
I would say out of all the NYX eyeshadow palettes I've tried so far, this one is by far the best one - colour wise, pigmentation wise and packaging wise. It's really fun trying out all the different looks you can get with this palette and finding out what works best. All in all, I think it's definitely worth a try.

Well, that would be it from me today. I also wanna quickly note that all of these were gifts for my birthday, so thanks to all the babes involved. I hope these reviews helped some of you and I'll talk to you next week. Preferably Thursday.
Bloglovin | Twitter | Tumblr

You May Also Like

0 comments