April Recommendations | 2016

by - 14:00


Okay, the time needs to stop flying by because I am absolutely terrified! I am going to recommend you some things, but know that I am not at all excited about the month of April walking out on us. 
○ April Movie: Dirty Grandpa
I know, I know, you've had enough of everyone talking about it, but it's with a good reason. I'll be honest, the reason I watched this movie is Zac Efron, because have you seen his arms? However, Zac is not the only good thing in this movie. It's actually really funny if you're into that kind of humour. It's pretty vulgar, but you just gotta laugh at it cause that's the point. It's basically about a grandpa and his grandson who go on a road trip (for a reason I don't remember) after grandma's death. And grandpa has gone wild. Of course, in the end it turns out he had a meaningful reason for doing all these crazy things and forcing his grandson to go with him, but I won't give it away (although it's not too important). If you're in for a good laugh, give it a try.
○ April TV Show: Girls
I've paused binge watching Friends for the hundredth time and decided to take up a new TV show that I've heard so much about I was getting sick of not being on the band wagon. There's not a proper way to describe this show, or maybe I just don't know how to do so, but I'll try my best. It's Lena Dunham's show about four girls living in New York who are dealing with loads of different life problems. It's not your typical TV show, though, it's very raw and open and not holding anything back. There's nudity, there's real life problems and situations and it simply feels real and honest. It's not necessarily a comedy, but there are some funny moments in it, I would say it's more of a drama. If you're familiar with my taste in movies (I mean the actual favourite ones like The Art of Getting by and Palo Alto), this is sort of like a TV version of that. Not entirely, it's a bit more dramatic and there's more of a plot to it, but it's got that kind of vibe, to me anyway. Give it a try if you're looking for something a bit different. 
○ April App: Snapchat
That's right, I've joined the party and I am super glad I did. My phone finally had enough storage, so I took the plunge and installed Snapchat. I am officially converted. I'll be honest, I did use to think that it's sort of stupid, but then all these filters took me to the dark side. I've kind of neglected Instagram because of Snapchat, which is a very strange feeling. I just think it's a much more relaxed way of posting photos - no themes, no editing to make the photo look nice - and everyone is so open which feels more personal. Also, whenever I'm chatting with someone over Snapchat, or I guess snapping, I can't help but laugh out loud while doing it. That's all I have to say about it.

And that concludes my recommendations for this month. You may have noticed I haven't been recommending books. That's because I'm only reading books for school and not pleasure, which I don't really have time for anyway. The last book I've read was The Picture of Dorian Grey, which I've already recommended, but I guess I can do it again. Go read it if you fancy having a philosophical discussion with yourself.
Bloglovin | Twitter | Tumblr

You May Also Like

0 comments