Pink/Burgundy Eyes & Lots of Highlighter | Tutorial

by - 14:00





I did this makeup look last Friday and I couldn't stop staring at myself in the mirror so I figured I'd better write a blog post explaining how I did it. As you can tell from above, I also couldn't help but take lots of selfies showing just how on fleek my face was. Now I'll get into the steps I took.
Eyes:
1) I primed my eyelids with the Alverde primer because I was going out and I didn't want my eyeshadow sliding off of my eyes. Then I set that in place with some NYX powder.
2) Then it was time to have some fun. I applied my KIKO Eyeshadow Stick in the shade 37 close to the lashes and spread it all over my lid with my fingers. I kept on adding more of it until I got the desired colour. Once that was done, I took an Aura eyeshadow that's a beautiful burgundy pinky shade and applied it to my crease. I also added a bit of bronzer to the crease to create some depth. 
3) I decided to be bold and apply some liquid eyeliner. After about 20 minutes of frustration, I managed to get it as even as possible and I stopped messing around with it. To create the illusion of it being purposely messy, I applied a bit of black eyeshadow and blended it over the eyeliner.
4) Before applying mascara, I had to do my brows first (long lashes problems). I used my trusty NYX Cake Powder in the shade Blonde to fill them in and get them into the shape they should be. 
5) The mascara I used after I curled my lashes was Maybelline Lash Sensational (review). 
Face:
1) For the base, I used the Rimmel Lasting Finish 25h Foundation mixed with some moisturizer to get a more natural and glowy look. To cover up my horrible under-eye circles, I used the Maybelline Fit Me concealer. 
2) In order to avoid looking like a bottle of oil, I set my face with NYX powders - under-eyes with the Cream shade and the rest of my face with Soft Light.
3) It was time to add some colour to my face and I did that with the NYX Tan bronzer. After that, I contoured my cheeks using a mixture of the NYX Toffee and Sculpt bronzers.
4) The last step was to make myself look like a disco ball (because that's much better than an oil bottle). First I used the Maybelline Baby Lips in the shade Peach Kiss and then I went over it with the NYX Nectar and Ice Queen highlighters. (all the NYX powders mentioned are from their contouring palette - review)
After all this fuss, I decided to take it to the next level and put some Ice Queen highlighter onto my lips to make them pop. Then I was done and ready for the photos. That's all, I don't think I could've done anything more to my face, to be honest. It took me about an hour or even more to achieve this look, but it was totally worth it. 
If you decide to recreate it, be sure to send me some photos. You can do so on twitter (@xoxoxojo) or instagram (@jovtom). You should also follow me on there if you wanna keep up with my shenanigans and things I'm loving. I'm gonna leave you now as I think I've rambled on long enough. Talk to you Thursday! I promise I'll get better at staying consistent.  

Bloglovin | Twitter | Tumblr

You May Also Like

0 comments