Real Techniques Sculpting Set

by - 14:00


You might have seen on my Twitter that I got the Real Techniques Sculpting Set recently. It contains a setting brush, a contour brush and a fan brush. The hairs are synthetic and the handle is metallic pink.
The first brush I'm gonna talk about it is the setting brush. It's small and tapered which makes it perfect for the under-eye area. I use it both for blending out concealer and for setting the smaller parts of my face (such as my under-eyes, my nose and chin). It has totally changed the game for me. I used to use my Essence Powder Brush for applying powder all over my face, and I wouldn't say that one is bad, but I prefer the Real Techniques one at the moment. Because it's so small, I don't use it all over the face - that's a big surface and nobody has got the time for that, but I love it anyway. It's great at blending concealer as well. I give it a 9/10 because of the size, but that's not a huge issue.
The second brush is the contour one. Now, ever since I got my NYX Highlight & Contour Pro Palette (review) I've been a little bit obsessed with contouring. The only issue was that I didn't have appropriate brushes so I had to improvise. This set has definitely made it much easier on me. The contour brush is just the right shape to get into the hollows of your cheeks and sculpt them out. I normally apply bronzer in layers by first mapping out the contour by tapping the product where it should be, and then I start blending it. You can get a very sharp contour with this brush because of its shape and the dense hairs, but you can just as easily blend it out by using it at a different angle. This one gets a 10/10 from me.
Last, but not least is the fan brush. This one might be my favourite brush ever. I am a huge fan of highlighter and I use it religiously - sometimes I overdo it slightly. When this brush came into my life, everything became much easier and more enjoyable. I tend to mix both highlighters from the NYX palette and then I apply them onto my cheekbones. This brush is the perfect shape for that - it cups the cheekbones in a way which helps get the highlight on in just a few swipes. It's super soft and it makes life much easier. 10/10 no doubt.
So, if you're a sucker for contouring like most people seem to be at the moment, I recommend getting this set because it will change your life. 
Bloglovin | Twitter | Tumblr

You May Also Like

0 comments