July Recommendations

by - 14:00


July is over and, I'll be honest, that scares me a little. But let's put that aside and see the goodies I've got this month. 
○ July Book: Oscar Wilde - The Picture of Dorian Gray
I'm sure everyone's heard of this book at least once. It's got three main characters: Basil Hallward - the artist, Lord Henry Wotton - the hedonist and Dorian Gray - the star of the show. Basically, Basil is fascinated by Dorian's beauty and paints a portrait of him, which later in the book becomes the mirror of Dorian's soul. He doesn't age, but the painting suffers changes because of his new found passion for a hedonistic lifestyle, which he was introduced to by Lord Henry. Henry and Basil are completely different characters, but they both have an influence on Dorian. However, Henry's theories and lifestyle have more of an impact on Dorian's behaviour throughout the book. 
It's a very fun read, although it can be difficult at times. Also, the ending rocked my socks off, but I won't give it away. I think there are a lot of relatable quotes, and all in all it's a great book.
○ July TV Show: Brooklyn Nine Nine
This is a comedy revolving around a police precinct. It doesn't focus on the cases as much as it does on the detectives themselves and their personalities. There's Jake Peralta, who's the goofy one, Amy Santiago, who's a bit of a nerd, Rosa Diaz - the tough one, Charles Boyle - the awkward one, I guess and their captain Raymond Holt, who's very strict. I think I'm not doing it justice at all, but it had me screaming with laughter a lot of the time. They are all very witty, and their jokes are incredible. Search for it on tumblr, and you'll understand.
○ July Movie: Paper Towns
Obviously! I saw it yesterday and I loved it. Now, I do have to admit, there are a lot of differences between the book and the movies, but I think all the changes they made are very well incorporated into the story line. Of course, some bits could have stayed the same, so the changes can be a bit annoying, but if I were to look at it as separate from the book, it's amazing. Also, I loved the cast and I think that contributed to the quality of it. And, to be honest, I think it's a lot better than The Fault in Our Stars. All in all, I do recommend watching it.

Sorry if there's any weirdness in this blog post, I was majorly distracted by Drag Me Down (there's another recommendation).
Bloglovin | Twitter | Tumblr

You May Also Like

0 comments