Current Makeup Bag Essentials

by - 14:00


I don't know about you guys, but I've been trying to keep my makeup quite minimal during these hellish days. The only thing I've been experimenting with is eyeshadow and that's why it won't be listed in this blog post, as for the rest, I've basically been doing the same thing. Here's what I've been using:

1) I usually start with getting my eyebrows on fleek. I do that with some help from my trusty NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder, which I've mentioned about a thousand times probably. Sometimes I add a bit of eyebrow gel to set them in place, but when using the wax from the kit, it's nor necessary. 

2) The next step is priming my eyes using the Alverde primer. It doesn't really help with the longevity of eyeshadows, but it just cancels out the redness and veins on my eyelids.

3) After the primer, I'll just set that with my Rimmel Stay Matte Powder. Sometimes, I add eyeshadows, but I'm comfortable with leaving it looking bare. To make my eyes pop a bit more, I just curl my lashes, mascara is optional. I've actually been loving using a clear mascara.

4) Now that my eye area is all done, I move on to the base. Depending on my mood I'll either use the L'Oreal True Match Foundation (review) or the Garnier BB Cream (review). I've been loving applying them with my fingers to get a more natural look. 

5) To make everything look more put together I set my foundation with the Stay Matte powder.

6) This step might be my favourite (apart from my brows) and it's contouring. You might be surprised to know that I actually use the same product for contouring as I do for my eyebrows. Yes, I know, weird. But, I'm not a pro, so I don't really care. I just swirl my brush around the two shades (lightly!) and chisle out my cheekbones.

I haven't listed mascara either simply because that's never really a necessity to me. That's where I become way too hot and can't be bothered with anything else. I hope you liked this blog post. I'm off to go sunbathing and I will talk to you on Thursday (unless you follow me on twitter and instagram, that is).
Bloglovin | Twitter | Tumblr

You May Also Like

0 comments