Beauty Hack: Baby Lips as Highlighter

by - 14:00



I seriously need to stop swatching things.
To be honest I totally forgot about the schedule change and freaked out when I realised I had nothing to post on Thursday. Then I obviously reminded myself that I don't need anything for Thursday, so I calmed down. After reading this unnecessary intro, hope you're ready for the real deal.
Recently I've noticed my skin's been a bit dull so I was on a hunt for a highlighter, but didn't really find anything in the drugstore that I liked. So then I got creative. I've toyed around with the idea of using a Maybelline Baby Lips (the shade being Peach Kiss) lip balm, which I hadn't really used to much on my lips, as an alternative to a highlighter.
At first, I tried it on my Cupid's bow and it hit me - I don't need to buy a highlighter, I already have one! A few days ago I committed to my discovery and used it on the rest of my face (meaning: on my cheekbones, chin and down the bridge of my nose). I don't know if you can quite tell the effect it gives from the swatched I included (sorry about that), but it leaves the nicest subtle sheen and catches the light beautifully. I'm not too sure about the longevity as I've only used it in the afternoon so after a few hours of wearing it it's already dark and there's no light for it to reflect. You can apply it straight from the bullet or with a brush if that's what you prefer - it works both ways. 
I really recommend trying it out because why the hell not? It's inexpensive and if you end up hating it on your face, you can use it on your lips. Or vice versa I guess in my case. It's a nice little 2 in 1 and I think you can't go wrong.
I think the Baby Lips in the shade Cherry Me could be used as a nice subtle blush, but that's a whole different blog post.
That's it from me this week. I'll talk to you soon!
Bloglovin | Twitter | Tumblr 

You May Also Like

0 comments