Elaborating My Favourite Quote | Part 1

by - 14:00


It is Wednesday night and after I've watched way too many episodes of Suits, panicked about the shortage of time left for me to write this and procrastinated some more over on tumblr, I thought it was about time I actually contribute something to the community of blogs. That was a long sentence, I apologise. 
However, before I start I need to make an announcement. I tweeted about this, but I'm making it official: because I've got school in the afternoon this year, juggling homework and studying with writing posts is becoming sort of impossible so I'm changing my schedule a bit - from now on, expect posts on Saturdays at 2pm Central European Time. 
As for this blog post, I though it's be fun to pay some attention to my favourite quotes so here's a potential new series. Congrats if you've read all of this, enjoy the rest!
,,The problem with things is that everyone is always comparing everyone with everyone and because of that, it discredits people'', Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower 
I've been going on and on about this book and it was about time to share a thought or two about my favourite quote. Remember, I am not analyzing the quote or the book, I'm simply sharing my opinion and the reason I relate to it.
In today's society it can be really difficult to do anything without getting judged for it. Whether it's the way you dress, think, talk or what you look like - you're never good enough. It's no secret that there are certain ideals being introduced to us via social media that we let determine our worth. Having a thigh gap, perfect skin, amazing brows and a flat stomach is all the hype everywhere, and I'm sure the majority of us have wished for some of those at least once. I'm guilty as charged. But when it gets to a point that you start hating yourself for not having the perfect body or a seemingly perfect life - it needs to stop. Let's be honest, you're never gonna be 100% satisfied with the way you look or all the things going on in your life so, just because you think someone else has it better, you need to remember that they probably don't think so. Comparison shouldn't be a thing, and I think as we get older we get a bit more aware of it. If you really want something you have to work hard in order to get it, you just need to forget what others want you to do and focus on yourself. It's your life in the end, right? So just because you don't look like a famous model/singer/actress does not mean you are not good enough. I myself am still learning to stop comparing myself to others, and it's not as easy as it sounds, but it is probably possible after some time. The bottom line is, we're all trying to figure out what we're doing with our lives, we all have flaws which, if we could, we would change in a heart beat and we all have bad days; and so what? My advice is to just mind your own business and let others be, why should you care what they look like or do with their lives?

This was a weird one to write for some reason, so I hope you don't consider it cheesy or what not. It's a bit out of my comfort zone, I would say, as I've never really shared explanations of my favourite quotes with people. I guess it's safe to say it went well. I'm still not sure if this is gonna end up being a series or a single blog post - it depends on the feedback, but my personal jugdment on it as well. Now I'm off to watch some more Suits, talk to you next Saturday.
 Bloglovin | Twitter | Tumblr

You May Also Like

0 comments