Comfort Zones

by - 01:44

     Hello again!
Today's blog post is going to be about a topic that's a bit deeper. Hope you won't find it lame or cheesy.
     Comfort zones are something that all of us are familiar with. If somehow you are not sure about the meaning of this term, even though I think it's quite self explanatory, I will try to explain. Basically, your comfort zone is the little 'bubble' around you that makes you feel safe, secure and comfortable (Captain Obvious). Long story short, it's something like your safe place. I do not mean a literal place when I say that, more like a state of mind, I guess. 
    However, by making sure you feel safe and  comfortable, they (comfort zones,  obviously) can keep you from doing so many things that could turn out to be amazing opportunities. I know that is not the only factor taking part in your decision making, but it does play a major role. It's important to know what your comfort zone is, but it is even more important to know the difference between getting out of your comfort zone and crossing a boundary. This is a whole another theme, but it kind of crosses paths with the one I'm trying to write about.
Basically, when getting out of your comfort zone, you should be prepared to feel anxious and insecure or unsure if you're doing the right thing, but as someone once said - you never know unless you try. You won't always get something good from this, you might come out not gaining anything, but it is still experience. And who knows, maybe it will lead to something good after all. Maybe next time you'll turn out to be the winner. Don't let the uncertainty make you give up on whatever it is you're trying to do. Getting out of your comfort zone is not by any means easy; it takes a lot of courage, strenght and readiness. So, even if you don't get what you expected from it, you should still be proud of yourself for stepping out, thinking outside of the box and setting yourself free in a way. Remember that the anxiety that comes with this is totally natural, and it does not mean that you are suffering from long term anxiety, that is a completely different thing and I'm not trying to insult anyone by mentioning this. It is just something that everyone goes through from time to time and it's okay to feel that way. You can't always be stable and put together. Where's the fun in that?
     My point here is that you should try and to more things that scare you, because they are the ones leading to the best endings. Forget saying 'no' to things you actually want to do but are scared to take on, think about the outcome or, as some would say, the bigger picture. Think about the best and the worst thing that could happen if you say 'yes'. You will get through the awkwardness, the anxiety, the knots in your stomach... Keep telling yourself: ''This too shall pass'', if you need to. Don't be afraid to change your life and make it better, take every opportunity that comes your way. And be patient, because change doesn't happen over night, and you'll need some time to figure all this out. But, once you do, you should be so very proud for doing something amazing for yourself. You know what, actually? Be proud of yourself no matter what. 
     I am assuming this will be read by 0 people, but that's fine. Because it was out of my comfort zone publishing this, so. If you do read this, thanks. I love you.

P.S. I'm not trying to be like Gossip Girl or anything, I just like the sound of 'xoxo'. 

You May Also Like

4 comments

  1. Hi Jo! I loved this post. For me getting out of my comfort zone means working harder. Time is valuable! And I love to relax. So I really have to push myself. Definitely try new things! What life is about. :)

    doitfortheirony.blogspot.com
    Summer Blogger Freebie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand what you're saying, that was one of the reasons that inspired me to write this. Thank you so much for reading my post, I was definitely not expecting anyone to read it. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing post,dear!:)
    Keep in touch..
    xx Antonella

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, I'm glad you like it. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete