Sweater Weather Is Better Weather!

by - 18:29

It's finally autumn!
When we see that repulsive word September on our calendars, we automatically think of school or work and totally forget that it means a new season is upon us. Without a doubt, autumn is my favourite time of the year. It means you get to layer your clothes and wear boots and bring umbrellas everywhere you go and drink hot drinks and curl up under your duvet and watch your favourite movie or TV show. What's not to love? Here are some of the things that I think autumn is all about.
○ Candles! 
No matter if your preference are scented or unscented ones, candles will always spice up your room and make it so much cosier and more put together. Everybody knows there are loads of candle scents which you can choose from. My personal favourite scents are the ones which are very subtle and fresh, and I opt for these whatever the season is. For autumn I quite like lilac and vanilla scents.
○ Tea & Hot Chocolate
Tea and hot chocolate seem to be my favourite hot drinks, but I quite enjoy drinking coffee. Also, I do occasionally tend to make some soup. Hot beverages in general are so soothing, especially in the colder months.
○ Autumn Leaves
Autumn just wouldn't be the same without the crispy brown leaves crunching underneath your boots while walking. A lot of artists seem to agree with this as there are a lot of songs called 'Autumn Leaves' (my fave is Ed Sheeran's). Just thought that was a fun little fact.



 ○ Cosy Clothes

When it gets cold, all I want to do is put on something really warm and comfortable and stay in my bed 'till the end of time. Clothing items that are my best friends in autumn are definitely sweaters, leggings and socks.
Oversized, fitted, cropped, roll neck, knitted, cardigans - whatever does the job for you, sweaters are all very cosy and comforting. Hopefully, you see where the title of this blog post came from. Leggings wise, there's not much to talk about, they are all comfortable and so versatile. You can lounge around in them or you can dress them up a bit and go out. My definite favourite are socks. Now, I quite like socks no matter the season because I absolutely hate looking at bare feet, but in autumn? Oh, man, they're the best. And no, I do not have a sock fetish, don't worry. 

○ Blankets & Duvets
This is really so self explanatory. Just gather a bunch of blankets and put them all over your house so that you can keep warm at all times. And then when it gets really cold, get under a duvet, fire up your laptop and get a cuppa tea and you basically have everything you need.

You May Also Like

0 comments