Jo's Monthly Recommendations: September

by - 16:31

     Hey!
It's been a while, I've been lazy, sorry. So, I have come to an idea I think could turn out to be quite fun. I'm going to do my best and keep up with this Monthly Recommendations Series. The idea is quite obvious - every month I will share some things that I have been loving throughout that month and I think you guys should give a try. I will be recommending all sorts of things, such as books, movies, TV shows, youtubers, beauty things, etc. The trick is, though, that for each category I can only write one thing. Without further ado, I'mma dig into September Recommendations now.
   ○ September TV Show: Under The Dome
Now, I am normally not a huge fan of Sci-Fi things, but this show had me totally converted. I don't want to spoil anything, so I won't be describing it with too many details. Basically, a huge dome lands on a town called Chester's Mill and traps everyone inside. No one can get in, no one can get out. Not even Wi-Fi signal can be reached! *gasp* We get to see how the citizens of Chester's Mill cope with all of this, and also what they can come up with to survive inside the dome. Google it for more information. 
So far, it only has 2 seasons (*prays to God for the 3rd one*), and they each contain 13 episodes that last around 40 minutes. The actors are very talented and they really make the plot stand out. There's a huge variety of different characters which enhances the excitement of the show. The show is based on Stephen King's book, so if you prefer reading, go ahead. 
I don't really know what else to say about this show. Just go watch it because you will be hooked, whether you like it or not. 
     ○ September Book: Cassandra Clare - The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones
Sticking with the Sci-Fi theme obviously. The reason I even got interested in this book is the movie that shares its name. As I absolutely fell in love with the movie (not just because of Jamie Campell Bower), I decided that I had to read the books. Yes, books, there are 6 of them! So far, this is the only one I have finished, I am currently reading the second one called City of Ashes.
There are humans, there are warewolfs and vampires, warlocks and faeries, but most importantly Shadowhunters. Long story short, Clary finds out she isn't just a normal teenager, but a Shadowhunter. With time, she learns a lot of things about her family and friends that completely turn her life around. Can she deal with it all? Read and find out. 
For all of you who like a bit of romance, prepare yourselves because it's about to get complicated. There are a few love tringles, unrequited loves, etc, etc. Also, if you're into Blair Waldorf's bitchy attitude, you are going to love Jace!
I highly recommend this book as there's everything you could ever ask for, it's definitely one of those books you can't put down until you finish them. However, if you don't like reading, give the movie a try, you'll love it. I hope.
     ○ September Movie: Stuck in Love   
Now, this movie might not be everyone's cup of tea, quite like any other movie, huh. It has a bit of romance, family stuff, comedy and maybe some drama? I'd say so, yeah. I personally love the storyline as well as the actors. The leading roles belong to Jennifer Connelly, Greg Kinnear, Lily Collins, Nat Wolff and Logan Lerman. I think Lily Collins and Natt Wolf are the perfect choice for this movie. Their characters, Samantha and Rusty, are definitely my faves because they are so entirely different even though they are siblings. I love the contrast between these two characters' outlook on love and life in general. I genuinely think this movie is perfect for those of you who don't like those sappy rom coms, but still enjoy a bit of romance. It is not one of your typical american movies that are so incredibly predictable you don't even need to watch them to see what happens. 
Give this movie a try if you are looking for something a bit different than the usual. I would definitely say this is one of my favourite movies of all time.
     There you go, that's the end of this month's recommendations. I do hope you like this idea, and at least one of these things. I will try and write a bit more consistently, I promise. Until then, I love and salute you!

You May Also Like

0 comments