Jo's Monthly Recommendations: October

by - 14:00


o   October TV Show: Suits


Talented actors, beautiful guys and a lot of plot twists - this show will have you hooked whether you are a fan of drama or not. It takes place at a prestige law firm in Manhattan, New York. Harvey, the hotshot lawyer, and Mike Ross, the fraud, take on the world of law inforcement with their brilliant theories and undeniable bromance chemistry. The show does involve a few romantic relationships and a lot of funny scenes. I never used to be a fan of ‘serious shows’ a.k.a shows that aren’t sitcoms, but lately I’ve been branching out of that pattern a lot. My friends made me watch this show, even though I told myself I wouldn’t, and they got me absolutely obsessed. Also, the theme song is such a mood lifter! If you decide to watch it, you’re welcome. Oh, and season 5 comes out in 2015, sorry.
o   October Book: John Green – Paper Towns


I know what you’re thinking – "John Green again". Yes, him again. This is one of those books I’ve been planning on reading for so long and hardly got around to it. But when I did get around to it, oh boy, I could not stop reading it. As always, Mr. Green succeeds to make the readers keep wanting more. I was a mess of emotions while reading this book - from excited to sad to happy to actually scared. I found myself looking around the room to see if I was alone. No, it’s not a horror book in any way, but some parts made me feel a bit jumpy. As every other John Green book, this one is as well overflowing with metaphors, symbols and a bunch of other figures of speech. Even though it is so incredibly difficult to pick only one, I think my favourite quote has to be: “I'm starting to realize that people lack good mirrors. It's so hard for anyone to show us how we look, & so hard for us to show anyone how we feel”. I am not going to give away any details because I feel it could ruin it. I think the quote was enough of a spoiler. To sum up, if you're looking for a good read over the weekend, go for Paper Towns. I will take the blame if you fall in love with it and fail to function properly in real life after you're done reading it.
October App: 8tracks


Looking for a free version of Spotify? Well, you needn't look further, I've got you covered. I found this app called 8tracks a few months ago and ever since, I have used it every single day. All you need to do to gain access to an infinite number of playlists is make an account with your e-mail address. It is that simple. Once you've done that, that's where all the fun begins. You can search different genres, artists, titles and you will see long lists of various playlists to chose from. You can also make your own playlists, the only trick is they have to contain at least 8 tracks. My current favourite playlists are: combat boots and flannels (by peetaamellrk), Oblivion (by gabbidk) and 2:39 am (by arcticmonito).
If you decide to join the fun, follow me on my account: xoxoxojo.
○ October Band: The 1975 


Everybody who knows me is familiar with the fact that I am obsessed with bands, so it doesn't come as a surprise when I discover a new one (which, by the way, happens very often). Not too long ago, I was just in the middle of listening to a random playlist on 8tracks when I heard a song I quite liked. It was Chocolate by The 1975. And it was not long after that that I noticed their song Sex creep up on me in a bunch of playlists. So I gave them a go and ended up absolutely loving their songs. Their self-titled debut album is a mix of 16 indie rock tracks, my personal favourites are the previously mentioned ones. In a nutshell, they are an English indie rock boy bend with a stunningly attractive lead singer called Matthew (known as Matty) Healy. So, if you have not yet heard about this band, I highly recommend looking them up.
That would be all for my October Recommendations, but don't pout, I've got a lot of hopefully exciting posts coming. Keep your eyes peeled. Come back on Monday for a new playlist.

You May Also Like

0 comments