All Time Favourites

by - 15:50


Today I thought I’d do a blog post about my all time favourite things, as you’ve probably guessed from the title. I thought since I’m doing monthly recommendations, it would be pointless to do monthly favourites as well. This is the next best thing. The favourites won’t be related to fashion or beauty. Now that we’ve got that settled, let’s begin.

o   TV Show: Friends
Surprise, surprise, my favourite show is Friends! Wow.
As I mentioned in my Introduction post, I watch A LOT of TV shows, but Friends just happens to be the one that I go back to all the time and it never seems to get boring. My favourite character? Chandler Bing without a doubt. I’m sure all of you know about this show and most of you have watched it (hopefully), if you haven’t, though, what are you waiting for? Seriously, it’s brilliant!
o   Movie: Stuck in Love
I’ve mentioned this movie in my September Recommendations, so I’m not gonna talk about it too much again. I’m just going to say the choice in actors is fantastic and the plot is very, very interesting. Also, the soundtrack is real good. Give it a try if you haven’t already.
o   Actress: Lily Collins
Lily is an awesome actress with an impeccable fashion sense. And on top of that, she’s absolutely gorgeous. My favourite movies she’s been in are Stuck in Love (this must be the 100th time I’ve mentioned it), The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones and Mirror Mirror. I’m also looking forward to seeing Love, Rosie when it comes out.
o   Book: Stephen Chbosky - The Perks of Being a Wallflower
   I’m guessing a lot of you have heard about this book/movie, if not even read it/watched the movie. Now, I must admit, I did watch the movie first, but then I could not continue living without reading the book – it was that good. I think none of the other books I’ve read have left such a strong impression on me. With such a variety of characters and all the mood swings and problems of the main character, it can’t leave you coldhearted. Charlie’s feelings and thoughts are so wonderfully captured that you feel as if he’s talking to you about everything he needs to get off his chest. Don’t even get me started on all the figures of speech the author so brilliantly incoorporated.
 If you are not a fan of reading, do watch the movie. Surprisingly, they really made it authentic to the book. Congrats to the director.
o   Author: John Green
Without a doubt, John Green is the winner for me. I’ve read most of his books and I’ve loved reading each and every one of them. His writing style is so unique and recognizable, and his metaphors are always on point. My favourite John Green book has to be Looking for Alaska, which I know might seem kind of mainstream, but there’s a reason so many people like it. He writes young adult books, and in every one he knows just the right way to get to the core of the topic, and there is often one character through which he expresses his opinion on the issue. I could talk about John Green for years, so I’m gonna cut myself off here so that I don’t get boring.
o   Quote:
Don’t ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody.” J. D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye
o   Song: Coldplay – Fix You
o   Female singer: Ellie Goulding
o   Male singer: Ed Sheeran
o   Rapper: B.o.B
o   Band: One Direction
I just have to note that there are loads of bands I listen to, but I can’t give up on saying 1D’s my fave.
o   YouTuber: Zoella
Zoe Sugg is a British blogger and youtuber, known by the name of Zoella. She has 8 million subscribers, and for a good reason. Her videos are beauty, fashion and lifestyle related. She is such an inspiration to many girls (and guys maybe), including me. It’s really easy to relate to her and see her as a role model, but also to find loads of things in common with her. Although, her success is hard to cope with, she still manages to stay the same girl who makes videos that she enjoys making and does the things she loves.
This would be the end of my all time favourites, if you are interested in more, feel free to ask. Also, if you have any suggestions for blog posts, do let me know. I’ll talk to you very soon. 

You May Also Like

0 comments