NYX Highlight & Contour Pro Palette

by - 14:00





We all know contouring and highlighting seems to be the biggest deal in makeup world at the moment, and of course I, like everyone else, couldn't resist joining the bandwagon. I'd been using eyeshadows or my brow powder for quite some time until my friends kindly decided to buy me this palette for my birthday (I may have given them a hint).
This is a palette of 8 shades - 2 shimmery 
highlighters, 2 matte powders (a banana one and a translucent one) and 4 contouring/bronzing powders. I've been using the two powders for setting my makeup - the yellow one underneath my eyes and anywhere I want a bit of a highlighted look, and the translucent one everywhere else. I'll be hones, I like them, but I do prefer the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder for setting my makeup. This does work as a nice alternative since I ran out of my Stay Matte Powder. 
The two shimmery highlighters I've been applying to the tops of my cheekbones and my upper lip. Sometimes I go crazy and apply some on my nose as well. I like highlighting as much as the next girl so this is one of my favourite makeup steps. I'll either use only one of these depending on my mood, or I'll go all out and use both. I love them because they're very different shades, but both work on my skin and make me look super glowy and fresh.
As for the contouring shades, I mostly use the two middle ones (Toffee and Sculpt) together and hollow out my cheekbones a bit, nothing too crazy. I like my contour to look as natural as possible. If I want to look more bronzed, I'll use the first one (Tan). The darkest one (Hollow) is pretty intense, so I only use it when I'm feeling really bold. They're all pretty easy to blend and you can either achieve a really strong contour if you like, or a nice natural one. You can also just bronze your face a bit if that's what you like doing. I also really like using all four of these to create a bomb brown smokey eye.
That's how I use it and my thoughts on it. All in all, I would recommend investing in this palette, I feel like it's close to all the high-end contour palette, but a fraction of the price. It's not super cheap, but it's worth the money, in my opinion. All the powders come out, so I guess you can refill it.
P.S. Keep in mind the camera doesn't really pick up the shades perfectly, sorry about that.

Bloglovin | Twitter | Tumblr

You May Also Like

0 comments