La Roche Posay Anthelios SPF50 | Review

by - 15:01

2 La Roche Posay Anthelios SPF products

Taking good care of your skin is important all year round and wearing sunscreen should be one of the most important steps in your skincare routine at all times. However, when summer rolls around, protecting the skin from sun damage is even more important as the sun becomes stronger. As I've mentioned in my previous post about the most important skincare lessons, the SPF of my choice is the La Roche Posay Anthelios line. Today I'm here to talk about the good and the bad when it comes to these gems. 

The one I used first was the anti-shine one. While I did like it, mostly because it provided protection without breaking me out, there were some things I didn't love about it. There was a slight white cast, which I didn't mind too much cause I'm already pretty pale. But if you've got a darker skin tone, you probably wouldn't like that. Something that really annoyed me was that it would get pretty flakey. That's something to keep in mind when you're applying foundation over the SPF. 

However, none of these things stopped me from using the product. I love that I didn't feel like it was clogging my pores, it wasn't heavy or greasy on my skin. It was very pleasant and I loved using it. Even though it's only a 50ml packaging, this baby lasted me the entire year. I don't know how that happened as I basically used it every day. I'm not complaining, though.

Once I ran out of that one, I bought a different version of the La Roche Posay Anthelios SPF - the anti-imperfections one. It's enriched with niacinamide and salicylic acid, which are two gorgeous ingredients all my acne-prone people will love. I have to say, I already prefer this version even though I've only used it a few times. It's a little bit easier to blend into the skin, it's almost as if it's creamier. Because of the creamier texture, I feel like it doesn't pill as much as my previous one. It feels just as light on the skin and doesn't cause breakouts!  It makes my skin look really nice and glowy, which I adore. Because the previous one was anti-shine, it didn't give me that nice SPF glow. There's still a slight white cast, but again, I don't mind it. 

I love that La Roche Posay offers so many versions of SPF so there's something for everyone. I've persuaded basically all my friends and family to get their hands on this sunscreen. Even though it can get a bit flakey, I absolutely love these products. I love how they feel on my skin and how my skin looks with them on. I don't mind looking a little flakey, if that's the price I need to pay to protect my skin and keep it happy and healthy. My biggest concern with SPF was clogged pores and acne, but I truly haven't had those issues with these products. So, if that's something you're worried about, LRP has got your back! 

In case you're preparing for the summer and you're in the market for a good SPF that will keep you safe and prevent sun damage and premature aging, I truly recommend giving a chance to the Anthelios line. I know plenty of people who love these products and it's for a good reason! I personally trust La Roche Posay and I'd love to try practically all of their products, so this was a natural choice for me. What are you favorite SPF products? 

You May Also Like

0 comments