the ordinary coverage foundation - our toxic relationship

by - 16:37

The Ordinary Coverage Foundation

I really wanted to love this foundation. I gave it so many chances I felt like I was in a toxic relationship with it. In all seriousness though, I tried applying it in many different ways, but it's just not for me. Here's what happened between us. 

When it acted weird after being applied on top of my SPF, I gave it the benefit of the doubt. It doesn't mix with SPF, okay, many foundations don't. I decided to give it a second chance. 

The next time I used it over my hydrating moisturizer and applied it with a brush. I was blown away by its coverage - it can cover up your dark past, hangover, lack of sleep and anything else. However, when I saw it in better lighting, I realized that it hadn't blended into my skin and that it looked pretty cakey. So, I decided to blend it in with a beauty blender. What a mistake! The sponge literally REMOVED the foundation off my face. I was left with red patches with no foundation. Obviously, I had to take it off. But I didn't give up. I gave it a third chance. 

This time, our on-and-off relationship looked hopeful. I applied it with a brush after hydrating my face to the max. It blended okay, covered everything up and I started believing it had changed. But turns out, you can't change a foundation. Once I analyzed it closely, I saw everything that went wrong. For one, it settled into all the fine lines under my eyes and made me look like a grandma. Other than that, it clung to the dry spots I didn't know I had. It clung to every imperfection on my skin and highlighted it. But I put the rest of my makeup on and hoped for the best. I wore it the entire night and only looked at my face once I got home. My face looked cakey, the foundation was kind of ~clumpy~. I can't describe it precisely, but it looked bad. That was the last straw. I decided it was time to break up. 

These are the three attempts of making The Ordinary Coverage Foundation work that really stick out in my brain. There were a few others, but you can see the pattern. 

I really thought it would be a good fit, given that my skin is oily and I love a high coverage foundation. However, things aren't always what you expect them to be. I think this foundation might work for someone with VERY oily skin and no signs of dry patches. Tell me, did you have a better experience? Have you found a way to successfully use this foundation? I don't know if I'd be willing to use it again, but maybe I could be persuaded to try something else to make it work. Give me your tips if you have them! 

You May Also Like

0 comments