artists you need to listen to

by - 07:00

Hey, so today I thought it would be fun to talk to you about all of the artists that I adore and I listen to every day. I love recommending music to people (as you can probably tell by all the playlists I make) and I think it's fun to find cool new artists. So, if you're like me and you like finding new music to enjoy, continue reading. 

Rex Orange County


Rex, my little baby. I adore Rex and all of his songs. All the songs sound very different from each other, the melodies are very interesting and unique. The lyrics are absolutely beautiful and he is just stunning overall. I love everything about Rex Orange County, I've talked about him way too much and I'm probably already annoying everyone. But, he deserves all the hype in the world. If you've checked out my recent playlist, you'll have heard Rex in all of them. He's got songs to listen to when you're happy and those that you want to listen to when feeling blue. I don't have a bad word to say about his music, I really don't. I can't even pick one or two favorite songs, I love all of them.

Tame Impala, duh


I am definitely not the first one to tell you to listen to Tame Impala, but you might need a reminder. This is a psychedelic pop/psychedelic rock band that everyone loves. There's just something about their songs that gets you in such a good mood and they kind of make you wanna dance around. The lyrics are absolutely stunning and #relatable. There are songs that I'm not a fan of, but there are many more of those that I adore. Some of my faves are The Less I Know The Better, Yes I'm Changing, Same Person Same Old Mistakes, Borderline, Feels Like We Only Go Backwards and Patience. Wow, it was difficult choosing only a few faves. 

Calpurnia


This is a great band that I can't recommend enough. I found them because one of the members is the actor who plays Mike in Stranger Things. They are a really cool band who have upbeat, garage rock, alternative rock music. I love the lyrics of their songs and the whole *vibe* of their music. It puts me in a great mood and I have to sing along. Check them out if you haven't. The songs I especially love are Greyhound, City Boy and Wasting Time.

Still Woozy


I love Still Woozy so, so much! His songs are very chill and they have a great vibe. I love listening to him when I'm working, studying or doing my makeup. It's perfect background music, but I also love singing along to some tunes. I just adore him. My fave songs are Habit, Cooks and Lava. His songs are defined by Google as R&B/soul. Listen to him when you're having a chill night in. 

Feng Suave


This is yet another amazing band. Their music is kind of in a similar category as Still Woozy's. Their songs are very chill and the lyrics are amazing. I am obsessed with their songs Sink Into the Floor, Venus Flytrap and Honey, There's No Time. They also put me in a great mood and I just have to sing along when they come on my shuffle. It's a pop/soul band that you really need to check out. 

Wallows


This is such a good band! I am obsessed with Wallows and I am listening to their songs non-stop. My favorite ones are Scrawny and Are You Bored Yet? They are a rock band and they also have amazing lyrics. Their songs are very upbeat and they always lift my mood. I just love everything about their songs and I highly recommend listening to them. 

Now that you know about all of these great artists, it's time to give them some love and check them out. Have fun!

*Obviously none of the photos are mine, they were all found on Google.

You May Also Like

0 comments