the ordinary skincare is saving my skin

by - 07:00


I just spent the best three weeks on a summer course in Sweden. And while it was amazing for my soul, my social life and my knowledge of Swedish, it wasn't so great for my skin. For some reason unknown to me, my skin really didn't enjoy my stay in Sweden and it was inflamed and full of breakouts almost the entire time. It may have had something to do with the copious amounts of cinnamon buns I ate, but you can't blame me for that. One thing that my skin did agree with, though, was going to Åhléns and buying a few of The Ordinary skincare products. I didn't want to go ham, but I did have to purchase three products that I'd heard great things about. Here they are. 


Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution



The first product is this amazing The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution. My, oh my, has this been fixing my skin! I feel like out of the three products this one has contributed most to my skin clearing up. 

This is an AHA which is great for exfoliating the skin. It's a chemical exfoliant. I feel like this is the perfect product to use after a long day of wearing makeup. After removing your makeup, you want to make sure every last bit is gone. This toner will help get your skin completely clean. However, this isn't only something to use to ensure that your face is clean, this is a miracle worker when it comes to different things. It has helped my skin clear up and I have been breaking out much, much less since using this baby. It's also helped with texture and it's just made my skin look better overall. I only use this toner a few nights a week and I can still notice great results.

If you decide to use this product, you need to be careful with it. If your skin stings when you apply it, that is normal - it just means your skin isn't used to acids. If that's the case, start by using it 2 or 3 times a week. Don't go overboard. You can gradually start using it more often based on how your skin is reacting. If there's some pealing, that's also okay. You should introduce it into your skincare routine slowly. Also, don't forget to wear SPF during the day when you're using an acid like this. 


Niacinamide 10% + Zink 1%



This next one is a product I love using because it feels so lush applying a product with a dropper. Is it just me that finds that satisfying? Anyhow, Niacinamide helps clean your pores and get rid of any congestion. It's meant to prevent breakouts and the Zinc helps with that. They say it also helps with sebum activity, but I think that's a little bit difficult to determine. All in all, I've been using this product every day, both in the morning and at night for the past month. I love using it and I feel like it's made a huge difference in my skin in combination with the two other products.


Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate 10%



I love using this product in the evening after I moisturize. So, the procedure is: cleanse, apply niacinamide, moisturize, apply vitamin C. Oh, I forgot to mention - this is a vitamin C derivative. Vitamin C is really good for brightening your skin and making it look fresher and it's an antioxidant. Some vitamin C derivatives don't work well with niacinamide, but this particular one does and that's why I chose the The Ordinary's Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate 10%. I don't have much more to say about this product, but I do feel like my skin has been looking a bit brighter and healthier. 

I am, of course, not a skincare expert, but I've done a lot of research on these babies. I don't know which one is the most effective or which one has made the biggest difference because I started using them at the same time. All I know is that my skin has been much better, clearer, fresh-looking and my skin tone has been more even. I feel like some acne scars are starting to fade thanks to these puppies as well. So, all in all, I am over the moon about this purchase and I would definitely recommend finding skincare products from The Ordinary that are suitable for your skin.

I know that I wrote a skincare routine two months ago, but when you have problematic skin, you need to try out lots of products before finding the perfect ones. Well, I guess I've found mine. Thanks, The Ordinary, you're a skin-saver. 

You May Also Like

1 comments