Albums I'm Loving

by - 08:00

Shawn Mendes - Shawn Mendes
Yes! Baby Shawn has released a new album (that's not even that new anymore cause I procrastinated writing this post for so long) and I am obsessed! I never really used to actively listen to his music, but things have changed. When I first heard In My Blood and then Lost in Japan I knew this album was going to be different and I was intrigued. By the time Youth came out I was already obsessively listening to the new songs. So it was no surprise when the album came out that I absolutely loved it. He said in a few interviews that he wanted to experiment with genres a bit more and break the barriers between them and I think he definitely succeeded and you can hear a lot of diversity on the album. It's a very feel-good album, the lyrics are, of course, beautiful and there's a variety of different tempo songs, which is always good and keeps things interesting. My faves are Queen, Particular Taste, Nervous and Where Were You In The Morning?, but ofc I encourage you to listen to the whole album as it is in fact beautiful. 

James Bay - Electric Light
This is another album that I expected to love even before it came out. I had heard a few songs such as Pink Lemonade, Wild Love and Us and could not wait to hear the whole thing. James Bay is just super talented and I love all the songs he's ever put out, so this wasn't a surprise either. There's a lot of guitar, a lot of high tempo songs, rock vibes and lots and lots of beautiful words. If you loved his first album, you're gonna be obsessed with this one. Go give it a listen and have a little jam session in your room. And if you're wondering which songs are my faves, I'll tell you: Sugar Drunk High, Wanderlust and Wasted On Each Other.

Ariana Grande - Sweetener
Now, full disclosure: I still haven't heard the entire album, but  I think that Ariana deserves some love atm, so I'm gonna recommend it based on the songs that I have heard. We all know that this girl is the most talented singer of our generation and she's got some amazing tunes as well. The album is a little bit different than the previous one, but it's still very much Ariana. It's a mixture of really good pop/RnB songs. I am OBSESSED with R.E.M, breathin and God is a woman, and some days I'll find myself singing borderline non-stop as well. It's a pretty fast paced album and it's got a really cool vibe to it (which I think I also said about Dangerous Woman). So I suggest you go listen to it and give some love to this amazing lady. 

I want to quickly mention two more albums. I haven't heard all of the songs on them, but I have a feeling I will love them as much as I do the ones I've heard so far. They are Bloom by Troye Sivan and Palo Santo by Years and Years. If the three albums I wrote about aren't enough for you, give these two a try as well. They sound promising to me. 


Bloglovin | Twitter | Tumblr

You May Also Like

0 comments