Tv Show Recommendation (Must-Watch!)

by - 08:00



I have been consumed by this show for the past month and I can't believe I've waited this long to write about it. Yes, yes, I am talking about Queer Eye, in fact, I haven't stopped talking about it since my friend introduced me to it. Of course, you will already know all this if you follow me on twitter (@xoxoxojo) where I've been fangirling for a while.
Basically, this is a makeover show where 5 fabulous men who happen to be gay and who are experts in different fields help people gain confidence and start living their best lives. We have Bobby, Karamo, Jonathan, Antoni and Tan (in the order seen in the photo) who all have different roles in the process of the makeover, or as they would say: the make-better. Bobby is the interior designer who changes the home of the nominee and makes it functional and absolutely gorgeous. Every time they reveal the house, I want to cry and text all my friends and beg them to nominate me for the show. Karamo is the culture expert and he's basically a life coach. He gives the heroes (the nominees) advice and constructive criticism and helps them get over their fears and struggles. Jonathan is the gorgeous, hilarious groomer - he makes sure the hair and beard are sorted, voluminous and shiny and that the face is protected from the sun. Baby Antoni is the food and wine guy who helps the heroes get over their fear of cooking, teaches them how to make simple and easy meals that make sense for their lifestyle and living situation (and cooking abilities) and how to take care of themselves better. And on top of all that he is hot as hell! Tanny is the fashion expert and an absolute queen. His hair is always perfect and his style is impeccable. If I could raid his closet I would do it in a heartbeat. He gets rid of all the clothes that no one should be wearing and in collaboration with the hero makes sure that their new wardrobe is decked out with amazing pieces. He takes the hero shopping with him and makes sure that the new clothes are suitable for the person and their life. 
Apart from being a makeover show that makes people and their houses look stunning, Queer Eye also focuses a lot on the mental change. They really work hard to connect with their clients and to help them get into a healthier mindset and gain confidence. At the end of every episode you can see the change in their personality and outlook on life and how grateful they are to the Fab 5. 
Every time I watch the show I learn something new and I am inspired by these 5 babes. Their friendship is also so pure and supportive and loving and simply amazing to watch. It makes me want to be a better friend and a more self-assured, confident person, to change my bad habits and work towards the life I want. Wow, that was cheesy. Sorry. 
All in all, this is the most feel-good show you will ever watch so get right to it and after you're done binging both seasons go insta-stalk them and read their hilarious and supportive comments on each others' posts. 
I think I'm done now. Enjoy, you'll thank me later.
Bloglovin | Twitter | Tumblr

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. Really great post! Gonna check out it soon, thanks for review. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, thank you! I hope you like it as much as I do, enjoy! xx

      Delete