March Recommendations

by - 14:00


○ March TV Show: American Horror Story
I know I'm so late to the bandwagon with this one, but don't judge - I'm easily scared. Throughout March I've watched the first three seasons and I've only got 1 to go, but I don't think I'll go for it just yet. Anyway, when this show first got big I was scared to watch it due to its name having 'horror' in it, but now I've decided to suck it up and try it out.
Season one is set in a murder house: a family moves into this house with a huge tragic history and they soon find out it isn't safe and they try to cope with all the weirdness. This season was definitely the scariest for me as I cannot handle ghosts (and also the rubber man), but it's also my favourite.
Season two takes place in an asylum so there are loads of crazy people (everyone) and again a bit of murder and paranormality. For me, this one was the most disappointing one. 
Season three is about a coven of witches  who try to figure out who their new Supreme is and there's a lot of rivalry between them. It doesn't sound like anything special, but it's fun.
○ March Movie: The Theory of Everything
To be fair, I watched this movie in February, but as I couldn't include it in last month's recommendations, here it is now. You've probably all heard of it because everyone has been talking about it and it's won an Oscar. I think the only thing that I need to say is that it's about Stephen Hawking's life story. Eddie Redmayne, who plays Stephen, has done his job amazingly and he definitely deserved that Oscar. It's a really emotional one, so prepare tissues.
○ March YouTuber: makeupbymandy24
Makeupbymandy24 a.k.a Amanda Steele is a beauty and fashion vlogger. Her fashion style is impeccable and her hair is to die for. Lookbooks, routine videos and tutorials are most common on her channel. It sounds like every other beauty & fashion channel, but everyone has their own personality and style, and I found Amanda's really fun to watch. Also, bet you'd never tell she's 15.

○ March Book: George Orwell - 1984
This is where the idea for Big Brother came from. ''War is peace, freedom is slavery, ignorance is strength'' that's what the ruling party's motto is. In the described country society is completely controlled - their actions, words and even thoughts. The Party's goal is to convert everyone into believers of Big Brother, and sadly they are mostly succeeding. The main character tried to go against the totalitarian system and ends up arrested and tortured (sorry for the spoiler). All values and opinions are warped, history is changed daily and lies are spread constantly. The novel is full with irony and contrast as well as contradiction. I hope I gave you a bit of an insight of what it's like without revealing too much. It can be a bit difficult to read, though, because of how dark and familiar it is.

That concludes it, talk to you Thursday!
Bloglovin | Twitter | Tumblr

You May Also Like

0 comments