Review: eBay Makeup Brushes

by - 14:00








A few months back I was doing my regular stroll down all the beauty websites and I somehow ended up searching for brushes on eBay. Now, I’m quite an enthusiast of makeup brushes, but, believe it or not, we don’t have a huge range of them over here in Serbia. So when I found these and saw the price I was determined to get them, though I had no idea how to do so. Long story short, my sister ever so kindly offered to buy them for me (thanks, sis) which, obviously, I could not refuse. Less than a week later, they arrived! It really surprised me how quickly they had arrived. I was over the moon with excitement and I instantly went and washed them so that I could use them as soon as possible. We’re getting to the good part now. Buckle up.
First off, I should mention that they come in a set of 10 brushes: 5 big ones and 5 little ones. There are 5 shapes which come in 2 sizes. There are 2 rounded ones, 2 flat ones, 2 paddle ones, 2 round angled ones and 2 flat angled ones. I should just note that the little ones are also meant to be used for your face, but I think I’ll figure out a way to use them for my eyeshadow, even though they are quite big.
I usually wash my brushes with a shampoo, so I did the same with these. I must admit, I was quite afraid that they might fall apart and I prayed to God for them to stay in a good state. And that they did. There were only 3 hairs that fell out, which I was thrilled about. Because they are made from sintetic hairs, they got dry within a few hours and they were ready for use. Luckily, they survived the washing and stayed as soft as they had been before. So fluffy I’m gonna die!
As for their quality, I have to say they are actually quite good. I have not yet used all of them, I have tried 2 big ones and 3 little ones, and I loved them.

I think the big rounded brush is going to be my favourite from the set, but I’ve used it only once so I cannot say for sure. I used it to apply my foundation (Rimmel London Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation) and I have not experienced any hair fallout while doing it. It did a good job at blending and it didn’t leave any streaks on my face.

I’ve also tried out the big round angled brush. It did a great job at applying my blush. Again, no hair fallout and no streaks left. I think it might be good for contouring as well, but I have not tried it out.

My favourite little brush is probably the round one. This brush is great for applying your concealer, powder or foundation in small areas of your face, but it can also be used for blending eyeshadow. I wouldn’t recommend it for applying eyeshadow, though. No hair fallout here either.

The small round angled one is very nice for blending eyeshadow again, and I think it might also work for contouring? Needless to say, no hair fallout. Let’s just get that out of the way – none of them have had any hair fallout.

It took some time for me to figure out a function for the small flat one, but it ended up being great for applying highlighter.

Those are all the brushes I’ve used so far, sorry I haven’t included all of them, but since using these 5, I’m sure the rest of them will be just as good. 


○Pros:
- no hair fallout (how annoying am I?)
- they stay nice and soft after being washed
- they look very luxurious
- they dry quickly
- they’ve got multiple functions

○Cons:
-the little ones are too big for my eyelids
-they start looking dirty very quickly because of the white top
- some of them are not dense enough (the big flat one and the big flat angled one)

All in all, if you are looking to get some good inexpensive brushes, I do recommend these as they are such a bargain. I hope you’ve enjoyed reading my first ever review, I have definitely enjoyed writing it. If you decide to check them out, you can do so here.

You May Also Like

0 comments