How To Pass The Time When You're Feeling Poorly

by - 14:00


If you haven’t noticed, the colder months are here and, although they have some great advantages, it’s not all good. This is the season of runny noses and scratchy throats, which I’ve been struggling with this week. Here’s what I do during these horrible stay-at-home situations.
○Drink loads of hot beverages
This is something I like to do when it’s cold no matter if I’m sick or not. However, when I am sick, I cannot get enough of hot drinks. Tea, hot chocolate and chicken soup are my best friends at these times. They really soothe my throat and make me feel all warm and fuzzy, which is something I can’t say no to.
○Get wrapped up in blankets
When I’m feeling a bit under the weather I like to stay warm and comfy, so while I’m at home I carry a blanket with me 24/7. Well, except for the time I spend in bed under my duvet. But it’s basically the same thing.

○Waste time on the Internet

If I’m stuck at home and have all the spare time in the world I might as well spend some of it on the Internet. It always ends up with me watching Youtube videos and scrolling through tumblr.

○Watch movies and TV shows

Usually when I run out of things to watch on Youtube and posts to reblog on tumblr, I make sure I have a safe number of movies and TV shows downloaded. To be honest, I do download quite a few movies, but I don’t really watch them, so for me TV shows are a winner. I always like to have a TV series that I haven’t previously watched, but if I’m not as lucky, I just go back to Friends. Always. Last weekend when I was a bit under the weather I really enjoyed watching Chasing Life, though. I absolutely loved it, you should check it out.
○Listen to music
Pretty self explanatory, but I would just like to use this as an opportunity to mention the new 1D album – FOUR. I’ve been listening to it and only it for the past week and a half, that’s saying something.
○Read
If I don’t feel too exhausted and sleepy, I like to accompany my tea with a book. I’m currently reading something for school so I haven’t had time to finish Under the Dome, but that’s definitely something I’d pass my time with while coughing and blowing my nose.
Feel better soon! Love you lots.


You May Also Like

0 comments