Stay Positive

by - 00:58

     Hey, everyone!
I know it's been a while since I've posted anything, but I'm now back. I tried writing a few times but it always ended up being either too personal or uninteresting. However, I think I found something that might be useful to some of you (hopefully), but I guess I'll have to wait and see. Let's dig in.
     I don't know if you're like this too, but I have quite a few mood swings. Naturally, I enjoy feeling happy and pleased with my life, but there are always those times when I don't feel like doing anything at all. I find those times very exhausting as I don't have the energy to do things, and even talking to people is draining. During these periods, I always try to find something that's gonna make me feel better. 
So, here are a few things I found helpful:
  • Listening to music is the first thing. This is such a simple solution, but it has the best effect. Try making a playlist of your favourite songs that bring back happy memories or just make you want to dance and sing at the top of your lungs. This is amazing because it will help you let loose and feel free and confident.
  • This next thing is one of my favourites and it is being creative. Being creative usually implies making something. Whether it's writing, singing, drawing, taking photos or something completely different, it will help you forget about feeling down. Take time for yourself and do something that you're good at and you enjoy doing. When you find a hobby or something, doing it makes you feel fulfilled and satisfied so keep doing it. This can also include reorganizing your room, trying out a new make-up look or a new outfit, etc.
  • Clean your room! I know this isn't something most people enjoy doing, but this really helps clear your mind. Get rid of things that you don't need and are only taking up space, organize your work space... You can listen to music or watch something while doing this so you don't get bored. This will really help you a lot because your mind will be much clearer in an clean enviroment. At least try it because it does work.
  • Call your friends. I know I said that it can be difficult socializing, but make an effort because being around your friends might make you feel better. If they are your friends, isn't their company supposed to make you happy? It's much nicer spending time with people than feeling lonely and sad. 
  • Be present. If you curl up in a little ball of sadness it will get you nowhere and it will just be very draining for your mind. Get involved in things, be with people, try to find beauty in simple things and observe things in your surroundings. 
  • It is very important to leave your house. If you stay inside and just spend all your time on Tumblr, you most likely won't feel too good about yourself. That is why you should go outside and get some fresh air, go for a walk alone, with a friend, with your family or even with your dog. This will help you because you won't have a feeling of being trapped and you'll have time to really think about all sorts of things that might be bothering your mind. 
   I hope this blogpost isn't completely boring and that it helps somebody. Thank you to whoever reads this, I appreciate it and I love you. 

You May Also Like

0 comments