Back To School: Organisation Ideas

by - 16:07

     Hello!
Sorry that I didn't upload when I said I would, I've just been really busy. Also, the pictures on my blog have been messed up, I don't know what that was about, but it's fixed now. Let's get back to the topic - organisation.
     When you're in school, you obviously have to study, do homework, write essays, etc. This all can be very overwhelming for most students, especially if they don't have a lot of time. There are a few things you can do to prevent this from happening to you, one of them being organising your work space. Keep on reading to see some ideas for doing this.

     1. Pens, markers, pencils
    Studying becomes much more fun when you bring some colours into it. That is why I advise getting different markers, pens and pencils with which you can write and highlight. 
    And while this is great, it doesn't really help when it's all scattered everywhere. That is where the fun begins. Well, for me anyway. I love finding little jars/cups/cans which I can use for storing all my writing utensils. You can choose whether it's gonna be your favourite cup, a jar that you took from the kitchen or maybe even just a glass that you are gonna use. What I do is I put all of my pens and pencils in one can and all of my crayons and markes in a different one. 


 2. Notepads and sticky notes
    In order to keep all the information in one place you need some notepads, of course! Notepads for me are so fun and exciting because they come in so many different sizes, shapes and colours.They are amazing because you can write a bunch of stuff in them that you don't want in your notebooks or maybe even write drafts or something. You can use them for anything really, that's the beauty of them. 
    Sticky notes are great for daily reminders, little schedules, lists, etc. They also come in many different shapes, sizes and colours. These babies will spice up your notebooks, books, walls or your desk. I like to use them for writing down the subjects which I have to study each week. Once I am done studying a certain subject, I simply cross it over. I repeat this every week and it is very helpful. And another great thing about them - you can never have too many!

   3.  Decorations
    No, I don't mean Christmas trees and lights, that doesn't come until December. I mean making your work area more fun and inspiring. I am talking inspiring photos, (scented) candles, flowers, pictures of you and your friends of family, your favourite books and what not. I personally like keeping it minimal as I find that I can get easily distracted when there are a lot of things in my surroundings. Besides the sticky notes and pen holders, there are a few more things that I do keep on my desk. 
    Season changes don't really bother me so candles are a staple on my desk along with a little fake bonsai tree. I also like having a lamp near me, even though my desk is in front of a window. I like the light. I'm currently thinking of a way to incorporate some Xmas lights into the area, actually.

    4. Time planning
    This might be the hardest thing to do. Once you've got a hold of all the stationary you'll need, it's time to start planning! And that is where a little planner would be very useful. If, however, you don't like planners or just don't feel like getting one, you can use a notepad or a notebook. It doesn't matter, really. Just get something where you are going to be able to write your tasks in. Try and estimate the time needed to complete each task. No need to be super precise, just wirte it approximately so that you have a general idea on how much time you need for certain things. Try and stick to your plan and don't study one night before the test. We've all done it and we've all seen it's not a nice experience, so why not avoid that.
     
     This is all I have to say for now, I hope some of these things are helpful. School is coming so get your sharpeners ready, God knows you'll need them, and get to work! Until next time...

You May Also Like

0 comments