Back To School: Simple Make Up Look

by - 15:52





Here goes.
First of all I'd like to just say that I am by no means a makeup expert, I simply happen to have some tips. These aren't gonna be in depth tips or anything, but more like something to give you ideas on how to do your makeup for school. Let's begin.
     Personally, I don't really have the energy to do my makeup so early in the morning, that's why I keep it simple and quick. And I don't think that it's even worth your time since it's school you're going to. No one really cares about your makeup, you're there to learn and have fun, so just enjoy it. But here's some things that you can do to feel more confident, I guess.
     Because I am not fortunate enough to have a blemish-free face, I like to start of my makeup routine by concealing everything that I don't really like on my face (spots, redness, dark circles, discolouration). For this, depending on my skin, I use either concealer or foundation. The concealer that I am currently using is the L'oreal True Match Concealer. I think this concealer is great for covering things up and it stays on for a long time even without setting it. However, we all have those bad skin days, and for those I have my Maybelline Affinitone Foundation. I have to say that for me it's not enlightening or anything, but it does have a good coverage (I would say medium to full) and a matte finish. I wouldn't recommend layering it because it can look cakey. I personally like to set everything in place with the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder. This powder is amazing at its job, it sets the makeup perfectly without looking cakey and it keeps it in place for a long time. And plus, it's a bargain considering the quality. Once I'm done covering everything up, I move on to the eyes. Now, I do like using different eyeshadow combinations, but when I wake up and have about 20 minutes to get ready - forget eyeshadow! I will either skip this part or I will just swipe some neutral colour all over the lid. Also, I've recently discovered Wjcon's Creamy Eyeshadows. These are life savers! You just apply them with your fingers and blend them in and you're done. You can be sure that they are not going anywhere. If you can't get a hold of Wjcon, try the Maybelline Colour Tattoos which are just as great. When I'm finished with this I go straight to mascara. The one I'm using is the Rimmel Scandaleyes Mascara, which has to be my favourite mascara ever, even though the brush is scary big. Then it is brow time. I am currently on the hunt for a new eyebrow powder, but the product I'm using at the moment is the darkest eyeshadow from NYX's Natural Pallete. As for lips, I like to keep it simple so I just apply some Baby Lips. And with that, I'm done! It takes me about 15 minutes, but if I'm in a huge rush, I can manage to be done in 5. 
    You obviously don't have to use these exact products, but you can definitely get an idea on how to organise your time in front of the mirror and minimize the work but still have a similar effect. If you are a bit more bold, you can add some eyeliner, bronzer, blusher, lipstick or more eyeshadow to this look. On the other hand, if you don't like makeup, you can skip some of these steps as well. Whatever floats your boat will do in this case as it's your face in the matter.
     Extra tips: 
- Use a nude eyeliner pencil in your waterline to make your eyes look bigger and more awake.
- Tightline your eyes to make your eyelashes seem fuller.
- Use a blush to appear more awake and healthy.
- For your eyes, use lighter eyeshadows, maybe even shimmery ones.
- Curl your lashes so that they look longer. Even if you don't like using mascara, curling your lashes will make a huge difference.
     That's it! I hope some of you find this helpful. Thank you for reading.

You May Also Like

2 comments