how to feel glam in quarantine

by - 13:25

Skincare and makeup for feeling glam in quarantine

The world has been struck with this strange crisis and, in turn, all of us are forced to stay home. And while that isn't all that bad if you ask my introvert self, being stuck between the same four walls every single day can take a toll on your mindset. It's really easy to stay in bed all day without even changing out of your pajamas or brushing your hair. We've all been there. 

However, if you want to get things done while you're at home or you want to feel a little bit better about yourself, there are some things you could do to pick yourself up. Because I've been cooped up inside for the past month and a half, I've found a few things that make me feel a little bit more glam and put me in a better mood. Don't worry, I'm not here to tell you to put a full face of makeup on (unless that's what you want). These things are very quick and easy things you can do to feel like a fully functioning person in quarantine. 

Skincare, skincare, skincare

Everyone who knows me knows that I'm a freak about skincare. Lately, I've been spending A LOT of time on YouTube learning all about skincare and all the different ingredients. I'm aware that not everyone finds those kinds of videos interesting, but taking care of your skin is super important either way. Trust me, creating a skincare routine that works for you is something your skin will be grateful for even in a few years' time or even a decade

The Ordinary serums and La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo moisturizer

So, I've been really enjoying spending a good minute cleansing my face both in the morning and in the evening. Afterward, I continue with the rest of my skincare routine which usually includes a type of serum and a moisturizer. These parts of the day are something I look forward to a lot and it always calms me down, makes me feel great about myself, and makes me very happy. Because I'm making sure my skin is healthy and happy, not wearing foundation for the past however many days of quarantine has even been enjoyable. 

Curl your lashes

Whenever I'm feeling a little bit drab but I don't feel like doing my makeup, I always turn to my lash curler. By simply curling my lashes, my entire face transforms. I look more awake, less tired and my eyes stand out a little bit more. And even though my mom is pretty much the only person who sees me these days, I love taking this simple step to feel a little more put-together. 

Highlighter and brow gel - the dream team

On the days when I feel like going the extra mile and putting on a lil' bit of makeup, I rely on my two ride or die's - highlighter and brow gel. Of course, you can feel glam in quarantine without putting makeup on, but sometimes it's fun to play with some products. So, these two quick and simple steps always make me look and feel cuter and fresher. 

L'Oreal Highlighting Drops

I've been using this L'Oreal Glow Mon Amour highlighting drops and I've been LOVING them. They give you that ever so popular ''lit from within'' glow and make your cheekbones stand out and blind all the five people in the supermarket. Other than that, I either use a clear brow gel or a tinted one to make my brows stay in place and give them the shape I want. 

Pamper yourself

This one goes hand in hand with skincare, but pampering yourself and making an at-home spa is a great way to feel better in quarantine. My favorite thing to do is apply a sheet masks. I am in love with the masks from the Korean brand It's Skin - they have plenty of different ones and my skin feels reborn after them. 

Other than the It's Skin sheet masks, I've also been enjoying pampering my body with different lotions and body butters. I'm usually not the one to use lotion, hand cream, and similar things. However, quarantine is really bringing out the dryness in my skin, so it's been necessary. Luckily, taking this extra step in the evening hasn't been a nuisance - it's quite pleasant actually.

Experiment with your hair

Even though nobody is going to see it, you can spend your time creating a cute hairstyle. I've personally been loving curling my hair and learning how to get the best curls with my new curling wand. Other than that, I've been trying some tricks for getting curls without using heat. You've probably seen some of those videos that are floating around the Internet. If you're a bit more talented and capable with hairstyles than me, you can try and recreate some cool ones or even come up with new hairstyles on your own. I've noticed that I feel much better when my hair isn't a complete mess, so give it a go. 

Do your nails

I'm not always in the mood for painting my nails and waiting for them to dry, but some days it's fun to make your hands look a bit better. So, if you're bored, have nothing else to do and you want to feel a bit more glam in lockdown, simply paint your nails with your fave nail polish. 

So, these are a few of the things I do to feel more glam in quarantine. I would love to hear what you guys are doing to feel cute and stay sane, so feel free to write your tips in the comments. Stay safe and refrain from cutting your bangs!

You May Also Like

0 comments