peaky blinders is my new favorite tv show

by - 12:04



Drop what you're doing and go watch Peaky Blinders.
Now, I know I'm late to the game, but I've just finished watching Peaky Blinders and I am sooo glad that I finally decided to give it a go. It's easily become one of my top 5 TV shows and I am impatiently waiting for the next season. There is no doubt about it - this is one of the best shows I've ever watched. And I don't just mean the storyline - I'm talking about all the little details that make a show incredible. From the cast and their impeccable acting to the iconic haircuts, amazing costumes, a great soundtrack, the scenography, production... everything about this show is, dear I say it, perfect.
In case you haven't already heard someone raving about this show, you're about to. This is a show that centers around the Shelby family and the gang called Peaky Blinders, who are illegal bookmakers. The story takes place in Birmingham just after WWI. We see a lot of brutality that goes around in the city, as well as a lot of men with PTSD after the war. Of course, Peaky Blinders are the center of the show and we see how much influence and power they have in their environment. PSA: there's quite a bit of violence, fighting and death, so brace yourself. 
The characters are very complex and layered. There's really a lot to find out about each character to get the full picture. Because it's a gangster TV show, it's bound to have a bunch of bad guys in it. However, you can't help but feel for them and even support the main characters who are far from perfect. Tommy Shelby is probably the best example of an antihero who you will inevitably end up falling in love with (it helps that he's absolutely gorgeous). As the episodes go on, you get to see many different sides of all the characters and you truly begin to understand them and have empathy for them. 
The set is very dark, gloomy, industrial with a lot of black and grey tones. I think it's that scenography that really sets the tone of the show and gives it a very unique look and appeal. Also, the soundtrack of this show is incredible and it really is an element I appreciated very much. I think the theme song is just so powerful, but you'll see for yourself.
The show is very, very exciting and intense with a lot of plot twists and surprising revelations. I swear while watching a few of the episodes I thought my heart would jump out of my chest. It's very rare that I devote 100% of my attention to what I'm watching and don't look at my phone at all while watching the show. However, Peaky Blinders had my full attention. I would silence my phone and focus on soaking in every last detail of the show.
Peaky Blinders is definitely not like any other show I've ever watched. Everything about it is very unique. From the story to the characters, the set, the costumes - every detail is very well thought out and executed and it truly stands apart from other TV shows. 
So, it's pretty easy to see how this show managed to get into my top favorite shows so quickly. I've been praising it to everyone around me and I hope that my going on and on about it in this post will convince someone that it's worth watching. If you do decide to give it a watch, enjoy and let me know what you think. After all, you're stuck inside with your Netflix account, so what better way to kill some time?   

You May Also Like

0 comments